Froyo 2.2 ROM

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys is there any custom/ported ROMS around based on the FROYO 2.2? Yet? Sorry I have been on vacation for about a week and I tried to search that froyo 2.2 thread but there are over 130+ posts and I could not find anything so far. Thanks for your help.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is there any custom/ported ROMS around based on the FROYO 2.2? Yet? Sorry I have been on vacation for about a week and I tried to search that froyo 2.2 thread but there are over 130+ posts and I could not find anything so far. Thanks for your help.
It stinks, but there is not a 2.2 ROM out yet.
Check out the new bugless beast 1.1 on that section.
BB 1.1 is a 2.1 ROM, not 2.2.

Reaction score
BB v1.1 does have some 2.2 ported apps. But there is no full 2.2 ROM that has been released yet. I would assume once the google source is released Koush will have a functioning release shortly there-after.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Hopefully we get it soon. I'm a little disappointed no devs have ported it to the droid. hell it's been ported to several phones already and I think I saw web sites showing it running or pretty close to being running on the iphone... seriously? the iphone gets 2.2 before we do?

that's pretty pathetic.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully we get it soon. I'm a little disappointed no devs have ported it to the droid. hell it's been ported to several phones already and I think I saw web sites showing it running or pretty close to being running on the iphone... seriously? the iphone gets 2.2 before we do?

that's pretty pathetic.

Well, get to work on it then. All I hear is want, want, want. Its more pathetic that there are those that think they are owed it, and yet do nothing to help port it.

I myself am not interested in porting a half assed Froyo that doesn't even include the proprietary Moto drivers and is unlikely to work without issues. I rather do the right thing and wait for the source to be released before messing with it.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
My gut tells me any day. I don't know for sure, of course.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I'm posting to subscribe to this thread just to stay up to date. I really hope we get it soon, I hate watching online videos of Froyo knowing I can't get out on my phone yet :)

MJ5150

Reaction score
I myself am not interested in porting a half assed Froyo that doesn't even include the proprietary Moto drivers and is unlikely to work without issues. I rather do the right thing and wait for the source to be released before messing with it.

Why not? After they get done complaining about how long it took you, then they can start complaining how much your ROM sucks.

:D :D

-Mike

TheBawse

Reaction score

that's pretty pathetic.

Well, get to work on it then. All I hear is want, want, want. Its more pathetic that there are those that think they are owed it, and yet do nothing to help port it.

^^^ QFT

Keep in mind that just because Froyo is out on N1, that porting that code to run on Droid is a NON_TRIVIAL process.

huskur

Reaction score

that's pretty pathetic.

You got it! Rushing into something is bad.

Patience is a virtue..... (not many here have it, i commend you adrynaylne )

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LOL...yeah mj hit it on the head.

TekHawk

Reaction score
with the rush of 2.1 roms we had it just seems odd that we dont have any 2.2 ones yet but thinking back to how bad those roms where at first yea i can see why most devs are not working on it

Shelooga

Reaction score

that's pretty pathetic.

hahahahahaha

'pretty close to being running on the iphone'? that doesnt sound like much of an accomplishment anyway. the only thing that interests me about 2.2 is the possibility of more speed. but in the meantime i just put some speed-holes in my phone; makes it go faster