Frequent Launcher Crashes On ICS Leaks? (across multiple launchers)

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Are other Bionic users who are running an ICS leak seeing frequent launcher crashes? I'm currently running ICS .232, but also saw this behavior on .230 and .2233 (using SamuriHL's awesome flashback method to install each without losing data). I've tried Nova, Apex, and now the default Homescreen launchers, and they all force close multiple times a day. (At least, I assume these are force closes -- the error message reads "Unfortunately, [insert launcher name] has stopped working.") I've tried wiping cache, and uninstalling all launchers except the one I'm currently testing, but the crashes continue. The fact that it occurs across multiple launchers is the weirdest part.

If this is just a bug with the current ICS builds, then I'm willing to live with it for now, but if the issue is specific to my Bionic then I need to get it sorted out. I guess the next thing to try would be a factory reset? And if that doesn't work, a full FXZ back to .902 and then reapply .905 and .232? Wanted to see what others are experiencing before resorting to such drastic measures (although I am rooted and own Titanium Backup Pro, which should mitigate the pain somewhat).

All feedback is welcome, but please state the launcher(s) you use and the ICS leak you're on. Thanks!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have any 3rd party widgets installed that you tend to use across launchers? Or 3rd party live wallpapers? So far, I haven't seen mention of your issue. And have never experienced it myself.

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Do you have any 3rd party widgets installed that you tend to use across launchers? Or 3rd party live wallpapers? So far, I haven't seen mention of your issue. And have never experienced it myself.

Interesting -- I hadn't thought of that. Live wallpapers are not the problem because the crashes occur with or without them, but I do use several 3rd party widgets -- mainly HD Widgets, Scrollable News Widget, Pandora, Plume, and Flipboard. I'll try swapping them out one at a time and see if that fixes the problem.

Anyone else seen/not seen this issue?

lilhill

Reaction score
I'm currently on the .2233 leak and have launcher restarts/crashes all of the time. I've had the same issue with both Apex and Nova launcher.

I'll try swapping out widgets to see if the launchers perform better.

I use the following widgets:
- Calendar
- Any.Do
- Minimalist Text