Freezing during text...help!

richie1378

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I send a text and then lock the phone (button on top) it freezes when you try replying to that text. You can also try it out by sending yourself a text, push the lock button at the top and when you get your reply back, unlock your phone and try replying and see what happens. This is gonna be my final straw on exchanging the phone for a new one. Below is the message I'm getting when it finally unfreezes. "Sorry! Activity Messaging (in application Messaging) is not responding." You get 2 choices to "Force close or Wait."

Can someone please try this and see if this happens to you. Thanks very much!!!!

savioAMG

Reaction score
Mine does this as well and has been doing this. It does seem to be doing it less though. It also started just not responding but I'm able to press Home and go back.

OP
R

richie1378

Reaction score
Mine does this as well and has been doing this. It does seem to be doing it less though. It also started just not responding but I'm able to press Home and go back.

Yep, those are my only two responding keys when it does that too. What's your plans with your phone if your's continues? Are we the only 2 people with the same problem in here?! LOL

tony1208

Reaction score
i have had my mot droid since the release day and the text froze on mine as well,i use to slightly open the keyboard and it would unfreeze it,but now a few weeks later it stopped freezing up ...weird lol

savioAMG

Reaction score

Yep, those are my only two responding keys when it does that too. What's your plans with your phone if your's continues? Are we the only 2 people with the same problem in here?! LOL

It is annoying, but doesn't bother me too much since it doesn't completely freeze and I can exit and quickly go back. The poster above also notices their phone doing it less and less so I'm going to hope my phone keeps that up as well. Hopefully it'll be addressed in the rumored December software update.

NVash

Reaction score
I have noticed a lag in my phone during txt without the lock feature. In fact, I have no idea where the lock button even is. But I noticed a few times that when I went to txt or respond to one I would type a whole word and look at the screen and thered be nothing. If I wait a few moments it appears but still, its kind of annoying. This also happens on alot of internet forums so I figure that may be slowing it down.