free50mb script slowing me down?

TheMan876

Reaction score
I was messing around with the scripts and I ran free50mb. I ran it a couple times actually to see If I could turn it off. It seems that things are slower now whenever I'm jumping through different apps. Even the Launcher which is supposed to be locked in memory resets almost everytime I come back to it.

Any way to turn it off? Am I screwed and have to restore? Or am I just crazy?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Froyo changed the way apps work. Everyone has custom launcher issues.

OP
T

TheMan876

Reaction score
I swear it didn't start till I ran that script though. Half the time I can't even get into Gmail without it having to reload.

I'm not sure I see the point of it either, if there is this constant forcing of free space, isn't that the same as not having the memory to begin with?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully someone else can confirm this but I think if you reenter the script, it cancels the script. Remember to reboot after entering.

OP
T

TheMan876

Reaction score
Ok, I'll have to try it again with some resets in between. I ran it more than once but it always had the same message, that it was freeing the memory.

And I almost never reset, so thanks for that info.. 8D

MrC1122

Reaction score
Hopefully someone else can confirm this but I think if you reenter the script, it cancels the script. Remember to reboot after entering.

99% sure this is correct. I remember reading in the instructions that it is dual purpose. (enter script to enable, re-enter script to disable)