Slow, Hot, & Battery draining since update!

Yzernut_19

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GALAXY 6S
I hope I am in the right spot to post this!

I updated my phone to 6.0.1 last week. Ever since my phone has been acting up, and I can barely use it. First, it is super slow. It is like it freezes, and then goes super fast thru what have pushed. (Typing for example) Some apps (like Facebook) I can barely even use. It crashes every time I use it. I'd delete and reinstall, but it came on my phone. I only have the option to disable it. The phone itself gets VERY hot. To the point I shut it off a couple times a day- out of it's case it could burn my hand! My battery also drains super fast. Like, 4-6 hours from 100%.

I ran the verizon health check and it said everything but my amount of memory is ok. I still owe $250 on it before I can replace- Can anyone help me?

I do NOT have wifi access, and don't want to do a master reset if I can help it. My photos aren't all backed up! :-\

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried clearing the cache partition? Sometimes that'll have the same result as a full reset without losing anything.

1. Turn off your Galaxy S6.
2. Press and hold Power, Volume Up and the Home button.
3. You'll see a blue screen with the Android on it, then you'll be taken to the recovery menu.
4. Use the volume buttons to scroll and highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Power to confirm.
5. You'll see a message in yellow at the bottom of the screen when the process is complete.
6. Highlight Reboot System Now and press Power to confirm.
7. Your Galaxy S6 will reboot and recompile all of your apps. It might take a little while to re-cache them all, but once it is done you should have a Galaxy S6 running as smooth as can be.

(This list of steps borrowed from How to clear the cache on the Galaxy S6 - AndroidPIT, but every other source will tell you the same in different words. ;))

Usually, unfortunately, issue like this will end up requiring a full reset, but I've been lucky enough to have clearing the cache fix my issues after an update on occasion and know others who've experienced similar.

wardo

Reaction score
Jonny what does this do exactly? Pictures and apps are still there just need to update the apps?
My phone has been sucking to but I'm holding out for a s8

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Think of the cache as short term or temporary memory. In most cases, you won't know that anything has been cleared.

You won't even have to update apps because of clearing the cache.

Sent from my Nexus 6P