FREE tube downloader apk help

stangdroid

Reaction score
I had to replace my droid today, when I backed up my apps the FREE tube downloader app was not there anymore.im not looking for the paid app on the market.im looking for the FREE one that is not there anymore.my wife still has hers but I dont know how to pull the apk off of it.can someone post it or tell me how to pull it from hers? The one I had is not on the market . I will say again that I am looking for the FREE one, it did not have " you" in front of the " tube" on the name.I just wanted to be crystal clear that I didn't want the paid one from the market. thank you for your help.

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
Or can someone tell me how to pull the apk from my wifes phone? Remember this is for the FREE one that used to be available on the market.I liked that one better.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is in your wife's /data/apps. I don't know if you can access it without root though. Is your wife's Droid rooted?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea. Thought so...

I could access my apps in /data/apps/, but that was through root explorer. I tried it with Astro and it showed up as empty.

Could you get it away long enough to root, pull it off, and then un-root? :p

I don't know of anyway to access your apps to pull them off on a stock Droid. I mainly mess around with my rooted Droid, so I have forgotten a lot of things that a stock Droid couldn't do.

I just deleted that app a few days ago too. :( Sorry. Maybe someone else who has it can pop in and help you.

EDIT: Can someone who knows adb codes chime in and tell him the code to adb pull it from his wife's phone? I think you could do that, if you have adb shell set up of course. It honestly wouldn't be worth it if you haven't already...

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with the particular app you're talking about but you do realize that there is a reason for preventing the transfer of applications between devices, right? And there is also a reason to prevent downloading of copyrighted material that isn't paid for, right?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with the particular app you're talking about but you do realize that there is a reason for preventing the transfer of applications between devices, right? And there is also a reason to prevent downloading of copyrighted material that isn't paid for, right?

It's a free app jsh. I don't know where you're going with this? The app is no longer in the market, so he wants to know if their is a way to get it off his wife's phone.

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score

It's a free app jsh. I don't know where you're going with this? The app is no longer in the market, so he wants to know if their is a way to get it off his wife's phone.

THANK YOU! :) also thank you for your help too. I really liked that app!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

THANK YOU! :) also thank you for your help too. I really liked that app!

I hope you get it. I've used it before and it was a nice app. Wonder why it isn't in the market anymore. If you have adb set up, you could try finding the adb pull code. If you don't rooting would be another option. Just rooting her droid, pulling it out, and then unrooting it, if she/you want too. Your last option would be google for it.

This is the app he is talking about: Tube Downloader Free

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
You could install hoccer on ur wife an urs phone an then just throw the file an have urs receive it that's how I gave swype to my buddy.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
u can use astro to back up applications. so how to i post the apk? i have it

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
ok i think i got it. does it work? if not let me kno and ill try something else

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
ok i think i got it. does it work? if not let me kno and ill try something else

Dude your f'n awesome! It worked! Thank you so much for it. It was one of my favorite apps. I just downloaded it and astro installed it! !!!! Many thanks again!

jakechance

Reaction score
How do you install that? Just put it on the SD and click it? I only ask because it's not an apk file.