FREE Phones With Verizon's New Unlimited Data Plans

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If it is free then why do you need a loan?

Lets put it in this scenario...You go into a restaurant that promises free drinks with every meal. You order you meal and then your drink. They charge you $10 for your meal and $2 for your drink. Aside from taxes, your bill comes to $12. They then credit your bill $2 for your drink. aside from taxes, you only pay for your meal. Your drink is free. In this scenario, your meal is your calling plan and your drink is your phone. Does this help????

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'd prefer it simpler too, if I had my choice, Devin..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
There is a choice, I don't buy my phone from Verizon and pay for it up front. Problem solved!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Lets put it in this scenario...You go into a restaurant that promises free drinks with every meal. You order you meal and then your drink. They charge you $10 for your meal and $2 for your drink. Aside from taxes, your bill comes to $12. They then credit your bill $2 for your drink. aside from taxes, you only pay for your meal. Your drink is free. In this scenario, your meal is your calling plan and your drink is your phone. Does this help????

In your scenario you get the $2 off at the time of purchase of your meal, it is not spread out over your next 24 meals at the restaurant.

And the restaurant doesn't create an interest free loan in order for you to enjoy your meal.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
There is not one carrier out there that will give you a phone up front for free without it credited over the life of how you would normally pay for a phone on installment plan ...if you plan on staying with them which there are plenty of people here that do stay one carrier it's a win win ...you get the phone minus the taxes you pay upfront ...why not get the credit over the lifetime ..

7+

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
In your scenario you get the $2 off at the time of purchase of your meal, it is not spread out over your next 24 meals at the restaurant.

And the restaurant doesn't create an interest free loan in order for you to enjoy your meal.
For the next 24 month you go into the restaurant and get your drink for free. After 24 month's you are not charged for your drink. In the end, you pay nothing for the phone. It becomes free. Seriously, it's not a hard concept to understand.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is not one carrier out there that will give you a phone up front for free without it credited over the life of how you would normally pay for a phone on installment plan ...if you plan on staying with them which there are plenty of people here that do stay one carrier it's a win win ...you get the phone minus the taxes you pay upfront ...why not get the credit over the lifetime ..

7+
Q link wireless gives you a free smartphone and free service. Only 1 per household.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Majority of households in USA can qualify for free phone and service unless of course you are the 1%er.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Majority of households in USA can qualify for free phone and service unless of course you are the 1%er.
State of US poverty level is not good but thankfully not that bad. It is only 14.5% of population not 99% nor over 50%.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
don't really have to live below poverty to be approved for q link wireless free phone. my in-laws and my parents got approved and they are no where near poverty. majority of senior citizens where 1 person in the family work can be approved.
phones aren't great, you get htc desire but it's free and it works. sprint network sucks though.

JRParsons

Reaction score

You actually are getting a $2.00 interest free loan. From the time you get your drink to the time you pay the check. The restaurant is holding a $2.00 note, they then give you a $2.00 credit before you have to pay back the loan.
I think I'm the 3rd person to try and explain it to you. The $790 never leaves your pocket. Wireless carriers have been giving away "free" phones for over 10 years, the catch is you have to remain their customer or you have to pay for your phone. Which makes perfect sense. If I opened up a business that gave out truly free phones, where you would walk in, get a phone, and walk out, I wouldn't be in business long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk