Free hotspot?

rlp2955

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the 3G hotspot to work on the Fascinate without root? I was reading in other posts that QPST hack is one option. I also googled and saw people talking about a "4636" and airplane mode option with the Droid X but wasn't sure if this worked with the Fascinate. I don't want to root the phone.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I rooted last night the best thing I have done with this phone.why not root and get 2.2 froyo? Its awesome.

Superclean rooted froyo 2.9.2

slagar

Reaction score
Then you shouldn't be tethering either as that is against policy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't want to root that is your choice but there are plenty of people here who are very knowledgeable about the Fascinate who can help you if you do decide to take the plunge. With that being said you can't get the 3g hotspot hack with out rooting and I am not sure if the hack is just for the Droid X/2 or other phones as well. But if you are staying unrooted then pdanet is the way to go. It is a tether app that you need the usb cable for. You can not get a wifi tether app with out root access. Sorry

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Then you shouldn't be tethering either as that is against policy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I dont tether I pay for home internet. But the phone is way faster then stock

Superclean rooted froyo 2.9.2

OP
R

rlp2955

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was aware of PDAnet but this is for tethering an iPad 2 so I need the wireless option. I should have mentioned that in the initial post.

I have seen mention of the QPST hack in some other forums so I might give that a shot tonight. That seems to be the only possible alternative to enabling the hotspot for the Fascinate without rooting.

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
Actually there is a way to get the verizon 3g hotspot for free WITHOUT root. I'm lazy to look but there is a topic on here and especially xda, look it up.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually there is a way to get the verizon 3g hotspot for free WITHOUT root. I'm lazy to look but there is a topic on here and especially xda, look it up.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

Sure there is...it's called pay for it lol :)