found droid?

mack19318

Reaction score
ok, my girl works at a motel and told me there has been a droid 1 sitting in the lost and found box for 3 months, she asked her boss is she could have it and he said yeah. so now what? its not in service any more, and has probably been reported as lost for insurence. so what can i do with this new found droid? its funny cause both me and my girl both already have d1's running ss4.8!
any info would be cool

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bring it to VZW and turn it in - it is the right thing to do -

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Bring it to VZW and turn it in - it is the right thing to do -

i thought about that, but whats gonna happen to the person that said they lost it? not gonna get charged for a new phone will they? would hate to have someone get a $400+ addition to their bill for paying for a new device.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you read DF, you know not everyone gets insurance on their phone, so there's a strong possibility that the person who lost the D1 would love to get it back into their hands, since they're the one who bought it with their upgrade in the first place. They more than likely are using an older phone because they aren't upgrade eligible, or had to buy another phone at the much more expensive 1 year pricing.

Do the right thing and turn it into a VZW store.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought about that, but whats gonna happen to the person that said they lost it?
Nothing...they really lost it - and if it was reported then the device has a bad ESN plus Verizon can easily use it as a refurb for someone else who has a warranty issue - turning it in is the right thing to do and everyone wins :wink:

V16 also brings up another very good point

Last edited:
OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
If you read DF, you know not everyone gets insurance on their phone, so there's a strong possibility that the person who lost the D1 would love to get it back into their hands, since they're the one who bought it with their upgrade in the first place. They more than likely are using an older phone because they aren't upgrade eligible, or had to buy another phone at the much more expensive 1 year pricing.

Do the right thing and turn it into a VZW store.

ok, gonna take it in tomorrow.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're in for more of an adventure, or feel like the VZW employee might not care, turn on the phone and give "Mom" or "Dad" a call and see where it gets you.

You can tell them all about MobileDefense and WaveSecure :)

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
If you're in for more of an adventure, or feel like the VZW employee might not care, turn on the phone and give "Mom" or "Dad" a call and see where it gets you.

You can tell them all about MobileDefense and WaveSecure :)

has an x next to the bars, but i could call from mine, and would be fun cause the people at the verizon store i go to are real [Nice Word]

Last edited by a moderator:

kwyjibo3

Reaction score
find the phone number of the found phone, call it (from another phone), ask if they want thier phone back.