Found a Droid X

joshrodriguez

Reaction score
Somebody left their droid x on the train today so I picked it up. I was trying to call the owner back but they locked the phone remotely while I was looking through his contacts. What should I do with the phone? Should I keep it? Would I be able to activate it? Should I take it to a verizon store?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

phartwig

Reaction score
Take it to a store. If he wiped it he probably reported it lost and you wont be able to activate it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take it to a store. If he wiped it he probably reported it lost and you wont be able to activate it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Not to mention if the OP keeps the device, it would be considered theft. The old "finders keepers" thing doesn't apply here. Do the right thing and return the device to VZW, they will locate the owner.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Somebody left their droid x on the train today so I picked it up. I was trying to call the owner back but they locked the phone remotely while I was looking through his contacts. What should I do with the phone? Should I keep it? Would I be able to activate it? Should I take it to a verizon store?

Well, I'm sure you weren't really expecting to post on here and get a response of "You should keep it". We're all very attached to our Droids, and I know if I lost mine on a train and the person who found it decided not to return it, I would be pretty upset.

What do you mean by locked remotely? Is it with an app, or just the pattern lock? Did you get a name or phone number off it?

If you can't directly contact the owner to return it, I would suggest calling Verizon and giving them the ESN (should be printed in the battery compartment). See if they will be able to track the owner or return it for you. Whatever you do, don't just hand it over to the transit police. Not to imply that they are all dishonest, they just might not be as motivated to find the owner as you or I (or VZW)

Another option is that you can pull the microSD card and see if you can figure out who it belongs to from the data on there.

cpjr

Reaction score
Be cool, stay in school....

Only you can prevent forest fires....

And, stay real...dont steal.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every other week someone finds a Droid and asks "what to do" - do the right thing and take it to VZW

cpjr

Reaction score
Not that I would ever keep something like that if I found it...because honestly, I wouldnt.....

But how do ya'll find these things, lol....Ive never found anything in my life....hahaha

Teh Wicked

Reaction score
What goes around, comes around...

Do something nice for someone today change change someone's life forever. yeah it may be just a phone, but the guys wife may need to call him on that phone 2 days from now cause a serial rapist is beating down the front door of the house...

Droids

Reaction score
Call or visit a Verizon store. The owner is going to be very happy to get his or her X back the same day they lost it. It's good Karma too.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess no one gave him the answer he wanted because hasn't replied since.

Return the phone. They will be able to match numbers and find rightful owner.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
talk to the owner at verizon

I wouldn't want someone just leaving my phone at verizon, and hopefully verizon won't give info out to strangers wether you have the esp or not...

I would go to verizon, and have them contact the owner in front of me, and I would speak to the owner over the phone. Then I would leave it with verizon once I knew someone knew their phone was returned and where it was at. I guess I don't trust anyone else to do the right thing....well actually, "I trust everyone. It's the devil inside of them I don't trust!"

Raptor007

Reaction score
I am sure he did the right thing and either called CS or took it to a store. But people need to get their heads on straight and keep their tech in their pockets.

B

budmonster

im always nice and it never gets me anywhere. keep the phone, sell it on craigslist.