3G on one Droid X, no 3G on the other.

Djnardu

Reaction score
My father just picked up his Droid X the other day and everything is working out fine expect for not being able to pick 3G where we live. Were on an extended network but I have no issues picking up 3G on my Droid X. Hes able to pick up the data on his way to work and such but loses the data whenever he enters our area.

Any reason for one phone working and the other not?

reeze

Reaction score
My father just picked up his Droid X the other day and everything is working out fine expect for not being able to pick 3G where we live. Were on an extended network but I have no issues picking up 3G on my Droid X. Hes able to pick up the data on his way to work and such but loses the data whenever he enters our area.

Any reason for one phone working and the other not?

I can only tell you about my phone I hope it helps.

1. If i am making a call (using google voice or even on the version network my bars drop. (one time it dropped so bad it said i was not even getting a signal (but I was still talking. after i hang up i get more bars and it goes back to 3g...)

2. I am not sure how far you are away from the tower (the 3g tower) that might have an effect on him getting 3g or not the distance he is away from it.

i hope this helps.

p.s. i am using the droid x also.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moving to the X general discussion section.

Mike

godfish

Reaction score
maybe check and see if the 3G data roaming is checked.

Technoman

Reaction score
Can you incur additional charges when you are on data roaming?

The unlimited data plan includes data roaming (domestic only). You should not incur any additional charges. However, it is likely that you will not get 3g signal if you are roaming. Most of the time mine goes to 1x when roaming.