forwarding text from messaging to email

bigmacdaddy0401

Reaction score
hi !
hey i just picked up a motorola droid from verizon- i text alot and cant figure how to do some things that i had been able to do on all my previous 'dumb phones'
like in messaging, i receive a text from a buddy- and i want to reply 'with copy' -and- be able to not only reply to him ,but also send it to a email..
or even be in my text messaging and send to a email - i have a buddy in my contacts who has a email listed... but when im in message and pull up contacts- his email isnt listed? just his phone # - -i know i can go straight to contacts first, then send him a email message thru gmail - but how s come in messaging and i want to forward stuff to a few mobile users and want to include his email, i cant find his email in contacts - i have tried handcent app as well, still wont pull in his email under contacts for forwarding a text ?
am i missing something ???

OP
B

bigmacdaddy0401

Reaction score
yeah, i did that a couple times after looking it up - i wouldnt even mind doing that if as i start typing the email address if it would bring it up like a auto complete (like it remembered it from previous typed)
on an ongoing text message with others,and wanting to include that email on several replies, it gets pretty old just constantly having to type out that entire email address time after time

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Very much agreed - since I text a lot of people internationally to their email addresses - it is extremely irritating that their email addresses are not automatically populated when I start typing. Whenever I flash a new rom, I just send a test text to all the email addresses so I can at least quickly get to them when I have to next time. lol.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
See if another messaging app does a better job. You don't have to use the stock apps. ;)