Force LTE?

Reaction score
So I've had the phone since the 8th and have noticed that it falls back into 3G A LOT. The thunderbolt I had would rarely drop into 3G. Is there a way to force LTE on the Bionic?

drocksmash

Reaction score
nope, same problem here ... the antenna is not as strong... no other explanation

tbolts 4g antenna was through the case (that is why if there is no back cover on your tbolt you get no data) where as the bionic is not.. just wish it had the same 4g coverage the tbolt did and there would be no issues with this phone!

Reaction score
Never had that problem. I have always had 4G. I think i have had it fall out once since day once. Sounds like spotty 4G to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Yeah, just notice it on mine. 9pm est. North Eastern OH, mine dropped to 3g. Turned phone off to reboot. Turned it off, the thing started back up on it's own - unless i held the button down for too long. :huh:

EDIT: Rebooted and is on 4G LTE, :hmm:

OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah, just notice it on mine. 9pm est. North Eastern OH, mine dropped to 3g. Turned phone off to reboot. Turned it off, the thing started back up on it's own - unless i held the button down for too long. :huh:

EDIT: Rebooted and is on 4G LTE, :hmm:

My exact problem! I have to restart to get LTE. Since Verizon's being flaky with FiOS this is my only reasonable internet option...

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Keep in mind if you have renewed your contract since February of this year, you are throttled on Verizon of you are in the top 5% of data users (according to ATT the top 5% is 2gb). This is true even if you have "unlimited" data.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Reaction score
Keep in mind if you have renewed your contract since February of this year, you are throttled on Verizon of you are in the top 5% of data users (according to ATT the top 5% is 2gb). This is true even if you have "unlimited" data.

How are they throttling?

Withdemon

Reaction score

I talked to one of the Verizon costumer service representatives and they said that the "main" reason why they do that is because there been a lot of reports of people's phones being stolen, or borrowed by friend/coworker/family and using up data charges. In some cases, people just forget and go over their data charges. So, they've implemented this so that costumers are more aware of their data usage and/or prevent people taking advantage of others data.

AND 4G costumers are not throttled. =/

OP
A
Reaction score
I talked to one of the Verizon costumer service representatives and they said that the "main" reason why they do that is because there been a lot of reports of people's phones being stolen, or borrowed by friend/coworker/family and using up data charges. In some cases, people just forget and go over their data charges. So, they've implemented this so that costumers are more aware of their data usage and/or prevent people taking advantage of others data.

AND 4G costumers are not throttled. =/

So the data usage on the Bionic isn't throttled from what you just said. I have the unlimited plan which I know technically is capped at 500 gigs, or so I've read. But on average I use around 30 gigs of data a month.

Withdemon

Reaction score
So the data usage on the Bionic isn't throttled from what you just said. I have the unlimited plan which I know technically is capped at 500 gigs, or so I've read. But on average I use around 30 gigs of data a month.

Exactly, and from what I've understood many 3G costumers with unlimited plans are not in danger of throttling as well. So if costumers are to complain about this then maybe they should get more data per month or just stick to unlimited. This is not like sprint.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Perfect timing. Verizon announced today the throttling now applies to all 3g customers, regardless of your contract date. on my way to a Sprint store now, literally.