HTC LTE Widget on ICS .230

fernandw

Reaction score
I installed the HTC LTE OnOff app for Thunderbolt to switch from 4G to 3G. Once changed to CDMA auto (PRL) I can't seem to go back to 4G with any setting. Anyone have any ideas on how to get 4G back without rebuilding from .905?

Thanks.
Wade

My351

Reaction score
Try putting *#*#4636#*#* into the phone dialer, go into phone info, there's a drop down in there where you should be able to select 4g again.

Bigv5150

Reaction score
The lte widget takes you to the exact same place. I also had this problem but now it seems to be fixed when I would try and switch back to l t e it would shut off my 3 g and not go back I would have no data connection. After you switch back wait and see if the 3 g comes back on. Other than that I'm sorry I can't help you

OP
F

fernandw

Reaction score
No dice. Stuck in 3G mode after using LTE ON OFF. I will try upgrading to .232 and see if that gets it back...

OP
F

fernandw

Reaction score
PAJ,
What setting are you using to go back to 4G?

OP
F

fernandw

Reaction score
Using that setting I get no connection at all. I even tried rebooting it under the same setting. I may have to RSD back to full stock, wipe everything and start from scratch.

Thanks for the assist.

Wade

jayman350

Reaction score
hmmm very interesting, I just installed this today b/c I don't have 4G at work and have gotten sick of my extended battery not lasting a full day. Can't check if it will go back to 4G until later tonight when I'm home, I'm running 232 btw.

PAJ

Reaction score
jayman350

That's the same reason I installed it and switched to 3G. Was getting horrible battery life with 4G always on. I switched to 3G only and now battery life is better than ever. I too was worried when I saw Fernandw's post, but LTE/CDMA/EvDo worked. I'm on 232 as well. Not sure if Fenandw is.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Try wiping data on the HTC LTE app. Factory reset is the next option. If those don't work you will probably have to re flash software. I lost 4G radio as well; had to reflash.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Also not sure if the app borks the 4G radio or not. You can also switch radios thru the dialer; gets you to the same menu.
*#*#4636#*#*

PAJ

Reaction score
Thanks, the widget just sends you to that menu so the widget and *#*#4636#*#* should be the same. When I choose LTE/CDMA/EvDo the 3G/4G LTE indicator disappears and the signal strength indicator stays gray. I can always go back to CDMA auto (PRL) and get 3G, but nothing gets 4G LTE to enable. First times I tried this it worked fine. I switched back and forth multiple times. 4G is spotty at home so keeping on 3G makes the data more reliable. Switching was trivial in GB, not sure why with Verizon's ICS builds it has been removed from "standard" settings...

PAJ

Reaction score
OK. Got it switching again! I had enabled Data Roaming and with that enabled I was unable to switch back and forth between 3G only and 4G. With that disabled, all is fine again.