For those who have rooted...

Godly 1

Reaction score
I hope this is an ok place to ask this... If not, thank you for moving it to the right section, and sorry...
For those of you who have rooted your phones, have any of you rooted them for the one and only reason of removing all that bloatware? So not to change the CPU, or clock it, or change the RAM into a ROM, or make it a tethered whatever?
This little Dinc 2 is simple amazing to me just the way it sits out of the box... Except for ALL THAT FORCED BLOATWARE!!!
Thanks ahead for any answers!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's pretty much what I did and to gain tether capability.

I got sick of having more rows necessary due to the bloatware

kookk

Reaction score
I rooted to only get rid of bloat. I consider skins bloat so I always get aosp roms

Sent from my cyanobolt

Beka27

Reaction score
Lots of people root with that initial intention. But once you figure out what you're doing, it's far too easy to continue modding... and it's addicting.

Oowoon

Reaction score
Lots of people root with that initial intention. But once you figure out what you're doing, it's far too easy to continue modding... and it's addicting.

What he said.

Sent from Apex'd GB Droid 2

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Hmmm... Well, I guess that makes me feel better about wanting to start learning how to root then... Further into the this amazing forum to start Root School!!! Or... Root Camp! (I like the second one better...)
Thank you for sharing your reasons!