For those of you to switched from moto droid to X

Don't know about 20 second lag time and being unacceptably slow ^
my setup makes my phone pretty fast, in almost every way. Although I was considering The DX, I think I'm going to hold out just a little longer

As I've stated elsewhere over the past few weeks, I think holding out right now is the best option. If you're a custom ROM kinda guy, just sit back and see what what progress the community makes (or roadblocks) with the DX and/or D2 - especially considering the rate new phones are being released.

I'm pretty happy camper with the D1 right now and I don't think I could bear to switch to a platform that doesn't allow modding. Essentially, I think from here on out I be following the dev gravy train.

While the screen size is really nice, that is the only improvment I could boast about right now. Speed..my droid was faster in quadrant. Call it stock v not stock, it doesn't matter. Today when he is asking the droid tests faster with a custom rom. It also has froyo. We wont have froyo for 6 weeks(hopefully). That will of course make a difference in speed.

I will likely switch back tot he droid and save the $440 over the life of the contract this X would cost me. Being close tot he root dev team that seems to be doing the most, I can say it's going to be tough. You guys can reply and flame me I don't mind. I am just sharing my opinion. A rooted droid, to me, is better than a stock anything.

One thing that bugs me, id like to try the moto widgets but if you add a thrid party launcher, it kills them. You can't change the size. So you can go completely stock or lose the customizable widgets.

OH, and can everyone here saying the droid x doesn't lag at all upload a youtube for me of them unlocking their screen? Just for comparison, but mine does lag a bit when I unlock the screen.

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else here but im just the type of person who MUST have the newest cool phone that comes out. I've had four phones in the past two years. I went with the droi x because i wanted a phone that was a solid slab without a sliding keyboard an i tried the eris and couldn't stand the small screen and low resolution. So i checked out the incredible which looked cool, but im not a big fan of htc's sense UI plus it had the same size screen as my droid 1. Then i simply held a droid x dummy phone and i was sold. I ended up calling over 20 different verizon stores to find one being sold at retail and ended up with the last one left in a store four towns away. Yes i know buying a phone at retail is ridiculous but its like an addiction lol. This phone is sick.

I don't know about anyone else here but im just the type of person who MUST have the newest cool phone that comes out. I've had four phones in the past two years. I went with the droi x because i wanted a phone that was a solid slab without a sliding keyboard an i tried the eris and couldn't stand the small screen and low resolution. So i checked out the incredible which looked cool, but im not a big fan of htc's sense UI plus it had the same size screen as my droid 1. Then i simply held a droid x dummy phone and i was sold. I ended up calling over 20 different verizon stores to find one being sold at retail and ended up with the last one left in a store four towns away. Yes i know buying a phone at retail is ridiculous but its like an addiction lol. This phone is sick.

Honestly, I don't think buying a phone retail is ridiculous. It's the only way the wife and I roll these days. With the rate "must haves" are being released, being tied to X provider is ridiculous. Plus, you can usually sell your out of contract phone for at least half of what you paid for it by time you're ready to move on.

I think the mobile market space would be a better place if more people purchased out of contract - let providers know that we won't be dicked around. Then again, I'm also a proponent of paying a small premimum if you'll sell me an "open" phone.

Everything everyone else has said hereand more.
I will tell you what I do miss about my rooted Droid, that black notification bar. But not much.....
This phone is awesome, the screen size the speed. Yes when I play some of my 3d intensive games it does lag from time to time.
But in the everyday real world stuff opening apps browsing the net, the asthetics the Droid is no comparison. I don't really miss the physical keyboard as much as I though.
It has also been proven that the camera on this thing is pretty darned awesome. Has settings that you can play with setting the iso, and the exposure. What more can I say. The more I use it the more I like it....
Go for it. I have three upgrades that I can use this year, and if none of the new phones coming out are LTE compatible but I am sure they will
be I will have no problem holding out and waiting a year with this phone.
This phone rocks man. :lifting:

Upgrading from D1 to DX. I've tried searching, and come up empty. Is there a way to backup the info on the D1 onto the SD card, then switch that card to the DX?

TIA!

been there, done that. the easiest way i cld find was to enbale usb mode, drag and drop everything onto your pc, then when u get ur x, transfer it all back. as far as apps go, i would go into market and get an app called app brain. It allows you to like "backup" all ur apps. then when u get ur x, just download appbrain and then all yua gotta do is click ok on each app that u need to install. hope this helps. I've done this twice. from d1 to dx to dx.

Upgrading from D1 to DX. I've tried searching, and come up empty. Is there a way to backup the info on the D1 onto the SD card, then switch that card to the DX?

TIA!

I just switched cards.

i love my droid x. the screen spoiled me tho. when i play with my old droid or any i*hone the screens looks tiny

I sold my D1 almost two weeks ago but before I did, I compared the two and the X is just much better. My D1 was also running a 2.2 ROM and clocked at 1GHz but the X just felt a lot smoother and more polished. I used to think that an overclocked D1 could compete with an X but man was I wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Droid x upgrade

I don't like the fact that I can't sync facebook acct pictures to my contacts. it is either all of Facebook or none. Also I can't upload my videos to youtube. Many others with the same problems. Good things are I can actually type on the keyboard with my big hands and I can read everything without hunting for my reading glasses. Big time saver.

Back