For Best Battery Life.....Maybe this should be a Sticky

jetjim

Reaction score
When I first received my Droid Pro, it was about 70% charged, so I thought I just had to charge it to 100% and then use it. I did, and it would die after 8 hours of standby. I was wrong.

I contacted Motorola, and they told me that when you first get your Droid Pro, you MUST charge it for 12-15 hours while it is off. Then the battery life is great!

I purchased another Droid Pro Battery from Verizon, charged it for 12 hours, and now it lasts a long time. I know it is not the best feeling putting out another $40 sum dollars, however, it is worth it to get long battery life.

bwhite757

Reaction score
I'm glad that worked for you, however.....

I've got 5 of the OEM batteries for this phone. All but one of which was charged the way you described, I still average about 6-7 hours out of every OEM battery, and about 10-11 hours on the extended battery.

Battery life on the Pro is BY FAR the worst on any phone I've ever had. I attribute a lot to the Blur that's on the phone. The Fizzion ROM got amazing battery life on this, however it's just to buggy for everyday use. I've just gotten used to carrying spares, everywhere. One at work, one in my car, one at home, and the extended battery gets put in it and charged at night before I go to bed. It's a pain, but I love the phone, so I'll tolerate it.

MrWilliams

Reaction score
Funny. I've had the exact opposite experience. The DPro has the BEST battery life of any other android device I've owned (this is my 3rd).

OP
J

jetjim

Reaction score
Good info, wonder if it is too late to do this now.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

It may still work. Let it run down to 5-15%, turn it off, and charge it for 4 hours straight. You will see an improvement.

However, I tried that first, saw an improvement, then tried the new battery as I stated in my post, and it lasts much longer. I really didn't want to shell out the $$ for a new battery, but it was worth it.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
I recommend this to everyone, buy an extended battery, its worth it,

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

androzza

Reaction score

I'd agree with this. Before getting the new battery, I was running out of juice by the end of the day. Now all I have to do is charge each night and I'm never cutting it close. The old battery fits with the extended battery's cover, so it makes a fine should I need it, though I've not had to use it yet.

They should have shipped the phone with bigger battery...

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Yup, if I'm normally out and about I'll take my original battery with me incase I do run out of juice with the extended battery. Like I said it a huge improvement and it doesn't add that much more bulk to your phone. I'm able to use my rubber case along with the plastic silicone case although it may fit a little too snugh.

Anyways, I'm normally running a live wallpaper in the background just because it doesn't affect my battery life all that much with the extended battery.

OP
J

jetjim

Reaction score

The only reason that I did not purchase the extended battery is because I did get the Motorola/Verizon plastic snap-on case and really like it. I would not be able to use the case with the extended battery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I first received my Droid Pro, it was about 70% charged, so I thought I just had to charge it to 100% and then use it. I did, and it would die after 8 hours of standby. I was wrong.

I contacted Motorola, and they told me that when you first get your Droid Pro, you MUST charge it for 12-15 hours while it is off. Then the battery life is great!

I purchased another Droid Pro Battery from Verizon, charged it for 12 hours, and now it lasts a long time. I know it is not the best feeling putting out another $40 sum dollars, however, it is worth it to get long battery life.

Here's the problem with what they told you. Once the battery if fully charged, it stops charging. It doesn't matter if it took 1 hour or 4 hours. You can't possibly charge it for 15 hours. Even if the battery was dead it wouldn't take that long to charge.

You have to remember that when you call anywhere for technical support they usually are either reading a script off a computer or passing on information someone else told them. Lithium batteries do not need conditioning.

Now personally I like to charge them before I use them but I know really it doesn't make a difference. Still it makes me feel better to charge it to full charge before using it. I keep a couple of batteries charged and ready to go. That's my solution to the battery issue.

You'll notice I have the D2, not the Pro but really doesn't make a difference. it's still the same type of battery.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hook is right, the battery doesn't take 15 hours to charge... and when it's fully charged it stops, it's not like it gets an extra charge for being on longer.

zenivzen

Reaction score
Just for anyone out there interested in buying replacement batteries, i do not recommend Seidio's battery, the firmware in motorola droid's will not read them correctly and this causes a headache. I found 5 dollar OEM's on amazon, i have three, battery life no longer an issue.