Phone Charge

lauralyi

Reaction score
My battery life sucks! I charged my almost dead phone last night, and when it beeped to tell me it was fully charged, I unplugged it. Then, I set the alarm for the next morning, but otherwise locked it and went to sleep. The next morning, when my alarm went off, after I turned it off, I realized the charge was already at 50%!! What is happening?? I feel like i'm constantly charging it, and it never retains a battery life. I've been reading posts about people saying their Droid Pro's battery life can last up to two days! Mine can't even last 6 hours inactive! Help me!

tennvol

Reaction score
Yeah I have no idea how people get their battery to last so long. I use a extended battery and get about 7 to 8 hours. I know I could use something like juice defender but I want my emails instantly. I didn't pay to get them 15mins later

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah I have no idea how people get their battery to last so long. I use a extended battery and get about 7 to 8 hours. I know I could use something like juice defender but I want my emails instantly. I didn't pay to get them 15mins later

I get my emails instantly and I get well over a day's use out of the extended battery. It's all about settings, apps, and signal strength.

tennvol

Reaction score
Then im doing something wrong. Im rooted and have setcpu running, have no extra alps in the background or when the screen is off, and have at least 3 bars of service - generally 4 bars

jadraxx

Reaction score
My battery life blows too. It's because social networking and bunch of other **** keeps running itself in the background and I can't figure out a way to have those applications not run automatically. I'm constantly using my task killer and it's always killing 11 - 13 programs every time i run it and thats about once an hour. If I can just get those programs to not run constantly in the background that would help out tremendously. Also I notice my gps randomly turns on and stays running for a while. My DroidPRO has really been pissing me off lately...

jadraxx

Reaction score
Yea thank you i did that. I also turned my power settings to maximum battery and shut off background data services along with enable only sync social media when connected to wifi and im already noticing a huge difference with batter life.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I get great battery life out of my Droid Pro. Its basically a full day of heavy use. I leave wifi, gps and bluetooth off unless I need them and keep my brightness a little less than half way.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
If you are rooted, you can use Titanium Backup to freeze those pesky apps that always seem to be running. Problem solved. For non-root, have you tried the stock Task Manager app and adding those to the auto-end list? Maybe the built-in app is more efficient than a third party task killer?

If your battery life is out of whack compared to the general community, something is wrong.

kevozworld

Reaction score
My battery life seems pretty good, and i'm always on my pro. I came from an LG Ally though... that battery was GARBAGE!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are at your house and you have WIFI keep it on, will use far less battery running WIFI than trying to keep a good 3G connection. My GPS and bluetooth are always off and have no programs that pull my location also keep location from cell towers off. I have tweetcaster and Xbox live but they are set to poll manually instead of timed intervals. I stay logged out of the facebook app unless I am uploading a photo, I just check it from the mobile site. I can get usually around 30 hours with it being at 20 or 30 percent when I plug in for a charge.

If you are losing 50 % while doing nothing then you are doing something wrong. Also dialing in *#*#4636#*#* and seeing what is using up your battery is a good took as well. I do have the extended battery and have seen it get better since the last update or at least it seems to have could be the placebo effect. When I had the DX and used the same methods I got over two days off battery use, it's all in how you set them up and use them.

jadraxx

Reaction score
If you are rooted, you can use Titanium Backup to freeze those pesky apps that always seem to be running. Problem solved. For non-root, have you tried the stock Task Manager app and adding those to the auto-end list? Maybe the built-in app is more efficient than a third party task killer?

If your battery life is out of whack compared to the general community, something is wrong.

yea i have my phone rooted. titanium backup i'll def give a shot. i keep wifi, and gps on. wifi auto deactivates itself when not connected to any networks. i constantly use google maps and navigation (i travel 25-30 weeks out of the year for my job). since i changed my data delivery options with minimal use i get literally over 2 days worth of battery power.