font size in Gmail

izzysmom

Reaction score
Is there a way to INCREASE the font size when I am reading incoming GMAIL? My eyes aren't getting any younger...and I dont seen an option for it anywhere....

rickt1152

Reaction score
Is there a way to INCREASE the font size when I am reading incoming GMAIL? My eyes aren't getting any younger...and I dont seen an option for it anywhere....

In Froyo there is an option to select font size. I can't remember is this was an option in 2.1 or not. Anyway from your message list, Menu key, More, Settings, Message Text Size.

Good luck

scottjb

Reaction score

There is no option to increase the font size in Gmail on 2.1. I wish there was.

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
Well then, I will try and be patient -- hopefully when the OS is publicly available I'll be good to go....I'm not quite ready to root my phone.

djmirage

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid X Phone and love it.

However I really NEED the fonts to be larger as I am very nearsighted. As I understand this post, right now in my current software 2.1 it isn't avalable. BUT are you saying that when Droid releases 2.2 for the Droid X that I will be able to globablly change my fonts and make them bigger?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just bought a Droid X Phone and love it.

However I really NEED the fonts to be larger as I am very nearsighted. As I understand this post, right now in my current software 2.1 it isn't avalable. BUT are you saying that when Droid releases 2.2 for the Droid X that I will be able to globablly change my fonts and make them bigger?

yes in 2.2 you get 5 choices on text size within gmail... tiny, small, normal, large, huge.

djmirage

Reaction score
How about in other places on the phone?

Will I be able to change the size of the font in the TEXT MESSAGE APPLICATION?

How about on other web pages that don't allow the pinch and zoom?
It would be nice if I could change the font size globally throughtout the whole phone.

When will 2.2 be coming to the Droid X?

Thanks for your help!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How about in other places on the phone?

Will I be able to change the size of the font in the TEXT MESSAGE APPLICATION?

How about on other web pages that don't allow the pinch and zoom?
It would be nice if I could change the font size globally throughtout the whole phone.

When will 2.2 be coming to the Droid X?

Thanks for your help!

you can change the font size in the browser too.... i thought you could do this in 2.1 but i cant remember...

the stock messaging app you cant change the font size but if you use handcent instead you can change the font size.

if you want you can use handcent with 2.1 and make it a larger font too..

im with you on the ability to change the font size for the whole phone instead of having to do it for each individual app... i'm the opposite of you i want smaller fonts then what the phone comes with stock....

djmirage

Reaction score
Hi Garrett,

Thanks so much for the tip on downloading "handcent". That works great. I can now see my texts better!

Now I will just have to wait until 2.2 so that I can increase the size of GMAIL! Any idea when 2.2 will be out for the Droid X?