FM Transmitter?

droidxron

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good FM transmitter?? (wishful thinking, but is there an app that will do this? haha) Would be nice if it charged it at the same time too..

DRMMR02

Reaction score
I know this isn't really an answer to your question, but if you're talking about an FM transmitter to listen to music in your car, I would honestly recommend pulling your stock stereo head unit out and replacing it with a stereo that has a 3.5mm auxiliary input jack. You can get pretty decent ones for less than $100 and there is zero static, unlike with an FM transmitter. You can even usually install them yourself. I've put replacement stereos in my current car, and the car I had before this, as well as one in a friend's car. For a long term static/hassle-less solution to listening to mp3 players in your car, I think stereos with aux inputs are far better than FM transmitters.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
True

Yes, I wouldn't bother with the FM transmitter, they are horrible. Unless your car doesn't move, then you'll be fine, but I've wasted good money on a few of them and they all suck. It will sound clear until you drive around the corner, then you'll have to switch to another FM channel because that one has fuzz, then back, and to 3rd channel because the other 2 have fuzz... and so on. If you got the cheese, upgrade to a deck that has Bluetooth, thats the best way to go, but if not a very simple deck with aux in would be great.

iselector

Reaction score
I'm looking for FM Transmitters too. I prefer the device over installing compatibility points at whatever situation I might find myself in. My point is the FMT's give you freedom. I have used FM Transmitters on Apple products for 8+years. The quality has come a long way. For the most part they do great and your not limited to where you may want to play it. ANY RADIO WILL DO. So, I pray that someone is manufacturing a simple, ipod like, transmitter for the X. I have seen a cig lighter transmitter but that is still limiting.