FM Radio - Only with Headphones?

tam5070

Reaction score
Just wondering why you can't use the FM Radio app with the internal speaker? Always prompts you to plug a headset jack in and if you have it open and remove the jack it closes the app.

it uses the headphone wires as the antenna for the radio.

yea i dont think theres a way around that.

Until we get root... :)

So Simple

Didn't even think of that. Just found it weird the app would close instead of just showing that it didn't have any reception. Thanks though!

I figured that out because I have an Incredible also, and it will actually tell you if you try the app with no headphones.....that is the reason.

"You need a headset to work as an antenna"

Just wondering why you can't use the FM Radio app with the internal speaker? Always prompts you to plug a headset jack in and if you have it open and remove the jack it closes the app.

I took a set of headphones, cheap set that came with a phone or cheap mp3 player, I cut the wire about 4 inches from the plug, separated the 2 wires and taped off the ends, perfect antenna, works great.

I took a set of headphones, cheap set that came with a phone or cheap mp3 player, I cut the wire about 4 inches from the plug, separated the 2 wires and taped off the ends, perfect antenna, works great.

so does this play out the speaker on the phone?

i did that too ...and for those who are asking yes it does play on the speaker

All you have to do is hit the menu button and choose the option to play it through the external speaker...

Headphones obviously still need to be plugged in as they act as the antenna.

Back