Droid FM Radio

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Im wondering if there is a way that we can make the FM Radio work with the speaker phone instead of allways using the headphones?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think it needs the headphones as an antenna but I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
That sucks, im a electrician so I would like to put my phone in my tool bags and listen to local radio shows. I can only handle so much of the Pandora.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know how you feel, I was super excited about it when I first installed but after a while I got over it. It may be possible however to have it play out of the speaker with headphones plugged in. I could be wrong but the way I see it is just because it needs the headphones to be plugged in, it doesn't need to be playing through them.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
What about using a bluetooth headset? Can you somehow transfer the radio through this way?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well it's the physical presence of plugged in headphones that act as an antenna if I understand correctly. The only limitation is weather you can get the phone to either play through both sources at once or bypass the headphones entirely. I don't use bt so i'm not familiar with the logistics.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
have you tried a program called "I Heart Radio" it uses the web to stream most popular radio stations....

i use this on my droid 1 since it does not have an FM tuner and it plays nice and loud through the external speaker and im able to listen to all the local radio stations.

its not in the market but it is available for download directly from their website..
iheartradio

magdream

Reaction score
I was listening to my local sports station yesterday through the speaker on my droid via the tune in app when I had step away from my car for a while.

dcook12

Reaction score
Im wondering if there is a way that we can make the FM Radio work with the speaker phone instead of allways using the headphones?

I use Tune in Radio...just checked because I usually use my headset, but it plays through the phone's speaker with no headset.
(Droid 1)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The only limitation to Tune In Radio is that some stations don't stream content to the web, which is how that works. That and the streaming music is usually of low-quality... But at least it'll help.

Try Slacker, too. There are more ads, but the music stays MUCH more "on-task". I have never heard Opera on my Metallica station and my Alice in Chains station plays Alice in Chains. Also, and most importantly, I haven't had any Barbershop Quartet on ANY station yet. :D

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Wll then, I guessw im pretty much screwed. Ill give some of the other options available a try. Thanks for the responses.