FM Radio Galaxy S3

jvk52td

Reaction score
Having a Droid X for many years I enjoyed the FM app I installed on it for football games, mowing, etc. Just bought my Galaxy S3 a few days ago and I am very disappointed this app will not work on this phone. Much that I read on You Tube made me think this was going to work, but nooooo, not in the USA ??? Why, I was told today that everything that is needed for that app to work is in that phone but the software. This is being held up by the FCC. I don't know if this is true although time will tell. I have written corporate Samsung and awaiting a reply from them.

Does anyone else have info on this ???

John

Semaj

Reaction score
Give TuneIn Radio a try. It will pull down all FM stations in your area plus you can also listen to nation wide syndicated stations as well.

Semaj

Reaction score
Also give UStream a try. Some stations do live feeds of their shows and there is also some other interesting video feeds.

OP
J

jvk52td

Reaction score
I already have tune in radio, had it for years on my droid x as i also had fm radio too. I want regular fm radio as they donot stream sporting events etc ....

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
Just downloaded Tunein Radio and love it. Can hear local stations that I do not get good reception of here in the house. Now to see if I can get this to work on my wife's HTC Incredible. Hope so.

Thanks for the tip on Tunein Radio.

xmguy

Reaction score
The Droid 4 or Bionic supports 3rd party FM radio. I'm like the OP. Love FM radio. Bought the Bionic just for the FM support. Verizon doesn't want FM so people will use data. If you get a Droid 4 or find a Bionic look up a APP called Spirit FM. Worth it believe me!

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Bionic.

sherrie.melton

Reaction score
I like having the FM tuner in my Droid X as well. There are many radio apps like Tune In Radio, I heart Radio, Pandora and Slacker that offer great service. So, there is actually no need to worry about getting FM radio stations on a mobile device.

mettech

Reaction score
We still use the Droid X at football games to hear the local radio broadcast and use the radio for emergency. Cell towers can and do go down.

tc1

Reaction score
Only problem is that clear channel, blocks all of there stations from being streamed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

drklapa

Reaction score
there is a need

I like having the FM tuner in my Droid X as well. There are many radio apps like Tune In Radio, I heart Radio, Pandora and Slacker that offer great service. So, there is actually no need to worry about getting FM radio stations on a mobile device.

There is a need for an actual FM tuner. The "tune in" radio apps stream the content over the internet. Most professional sports leagues have a contract that states that the games cant be streamed over the internet so you cant listen to them with those apps. Also, very few companies offer unlimited internet anymore so listening to the radio streamed over the internet uses data and if you listen at the gym it adds up and soon you will be paying your provider a lot of money.