Flybys!

Slothead

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Droid version of Flybys? I have it on both my iPhone and my Droid and in both cases the app had disappointed me. Its problem is that when it posts a time for a flyby, it doesn't indicate what time zone or DST it is using. I have missed a couple great opportunities. On top of that, I don't see anywhere that I can send feedback to Finch to fix it! (AND it's not a freebie! Ya gots to pay fer it!)

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I use Heavens-Above Home Page to get flyby info. You won't get any alarms, but it works fine for me. I just selected my location on the map and picked my timezone. Then, I bookmarked the ISS page, so now I don't have to reenter any info. I've used their website to catch the ISS/Shuttle and X37B flybys. If you register, you get more features. It's also completely free!

Roger

KevinJ

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Droid version of Flybys? I have it on both my iPhone and my Droid and in both cases the app had disappointed me. Its problem is that when it posts a time for a flyby, it doesn't indicate what time zone or DST it is using. I have missed a couple great opportunities. On top of that, I don't see anywhere that I can send feedback to Finch to fix it! (AND it's not a freebie! Ya gots to pay fer it!)
Since I am a space/astronomy geek, I can tell you where to go for more information about the program Flybys.

Simple Flybys

It's supposed to use your GPS coordinates unless you input your location manually.

I don't have the program myself, as I usually use Heavens-Above.com as well. Have for years.