Thinking of switching to an Android. Emoji possible on android??

crewxp

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 32gb and its... getting to be too boring for me. I can't develop any apps without paying and its the same thing every year. I have a small nit-pick though.

If I root my android, can the android use emoji? The iphone can use both text emoji and smiley emoji. I would like to be able to send emoji to other androids and iphones.

Psj77

Reaction score
If you use handcent sms you can download an emoji pack that let's you send emoji smileys to people

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Alphairri

Reaction score
You can also use GoSMS and download the Emoji Plug-ins in the Play Store. Works great for me when I talk to people with iPhones.

Caesars

Reaction score
What the heck is an emoji?

Googorola MAXX

Alphairri

Reaction score
An Emoji is pretty much another type of emoticon. They were originally made in Japan and used on the iPhone. Now you can use them on Android through plugins and maybe in Jelly Bean, not sure on that last one though.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Yep. I've used emoji before. And I've noticed some roms include it as a setting in the text message app so you wouldn't need a 3rd party app.
Oh and it'll show up on your phone but if whoever you send doesn't have emoji it won't show up(at least I think it won't)

Last edited:

Alphairri

Reaction score
You're right. You can send emoji emoticons to anyone, but if the receiving person doesn't have the plugin it will just show up as a space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums