Flashing droid 2 global

chrisngrod

Reaction score
@ Merc: You don't need to change MEIDs for every carrier. All other Droid phones can be put on Cricket, so I don't know why the Droid 2 Global can't.

I was searching for a tutorial. Web should be easy. I think I might know how to get MMS working.

psychohamster

Reaction score
@ Merc: You don't need to change MEIDs for every carrier. All other Droid phones can be put on Cricket, so I don't know why the Droid 2 Global can't.

I was searching for a tutorial. Web should be easy. I think I might know how to get MMS working.

One thing that I was curious about, after the flash to cricket, can cricket generate the sim unlock code, or will that need to be done by vzw before the phone is flashed over?

jewelstech

Reaction score
DRIOD 2 flash to cricket

Can Droid 2 Global be flashed for cricket wireless?

Driod 2 Global can be flash to cricket with picture messaging and internet and wifi tethering working perfect. NO PROBLEMS..Just have to have the right place flash it that knows whats up. I got the run around by a couple places that where not smart enough to do a full flash saying it was not possible due to it was a "world phone bla bla bla and it was not possible "BS!." . My phone was unlocked when I bought it off ebay. Lewis wireless in slc utah is smart enough at the cost of 75 bucks. So I am in the phone about 500+ at this point with all the extra's including class 10 card. I been a cricket user for 5+ years. To make life easy though..cricket now has andriod 2.2 so they are catching up. I have not tried to put 3rd party app on it yet. I plan to add a hacked copy of rockbox so I can watch movies. I can report about it if anyone is interested. Tethering and talking at the same time sometimes the wifi will drop and it can't due both ..I think this is due to low signal strenght. Be prepared to buy a extended battery or charging station if you really plan to use the phone like I do.. (wifi hotspot,youtube, angrey birds ..ect..if you are going to just talk you should be able to make it through a 8 hour day. I only metion this beucase if you are using cricket and dont have alot of cash.. you should just buy a driod from them and call it a day.

Last edited:

Matveh

Reaction score
I've seen a tutorial video on the cricket forums on flashing a Cricket prl to a Droid2. What's different about the D2G that would prevent it from being flashed to Cricket?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
There is nothing different. You just need some recent version of CDMA Workshop and such, afair.

I know people who flashed it for other (non-US) carriers themselves, without paying anyone. The main issue is with EV-DO, as Droid 2 Global does not display some of the information required to configure data over EV-DO as I have heard.