Flashing compared to droid 2.

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Compared to droid 2 is there a lot involved in getting. bionic set up for flashing. Also how safe are we right now as far as going back to stock if something gets borked along the way. Just concerned i waited till my droid 2 was over a year old before flashing just in case i messed it up i would have as long to wait till next upgrade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The best advice is to read up on safestrap by hashcode. The bionic is not as forgiving as the d2 if you mess up the process. The fastboot files are a pain to use, especially in a stressful situation. There are a a few tools out there that make restoring your bionic easier so the best thing ti do is read up and be prepared.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
J

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Thanks that answers my question. Think ill root and stay in stock rom.

PILLMUZIK

Reaction score
SAFESTRAP IS SUPER USEFUL..ITS HARD TO MESS UP YOUR PHONE IF YOU ARE USING THAT
Sent from my AXI0M AOKP BIONIC using DroidForums

kurumatt

Reaction score
If you read instructions and just wipe completely every time you flash something you should be fine. I find it easy.

OP
J

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Update i'm now rooted.safestrap installed. Now on to figuring out what rom to try.

Ive read up on the alpha ics builds. Think ill wait and go with a gb rom. Any sugestions?

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Eclipse is in my opinion the best of the GB roms out right now. Although a lot of people prefer liberty. Either way you can't go wrong.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

John Gi

Reaction score
whats a good thread that someone would reccomand to read, i also have a droid 2 but im planning to get a droid bionic"D