Best Droid Bionic ROM? And what I need to install it...

Stardust342

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just ordered a Bionic today because my old Incredible 2 died on me. :(
I had it flashed to Cyanogen Mod 7 and really REALLY liked it.
I see that the Bionic is compatible with Cyanogen mod 10.1 and I think it would be awesome to get that.
The only 2 problems with it I see are that the flash doesn't work and you can't overclock it...
I had my Incredible 2 overclocked to 1.5 ghz and it FLEW!
So does anybody know if I can install an overclocker on cyanogen mod after I install it and also get a camera app that works?
Because I really want Cyanogen Mod 10.1 ...

EDIT: Lol, I didn't see the guide to install CM10.1 on the site, and I saw somewhere it overclocks to 1.2ghz which is nice.

Reaction score
Head on over to XDA. Cyanogenmod 10.1 is totally working now. The flash not working is old news. Flash it just like any other rom on this phone. Root, safestrap, create a rom slot, install the rom, install gapps, reboot, done. You can install custom kernels that overclock as well. Just do a lot of research and reading and you'll be going in no time. I actually prefer a stock based rom to CM though since none of the docks on this phone will work with a non stock based rom. I use the docks for this phone ALL THE TIME seeing as they work with BOTH the extended battery AND the TPU case. They're also dirt cheap on amazon since the Bionic has been EOL now for awhile, like $7... I have a desk dock at work, a desk dock on my nightstand, car docks in both my cars and its a beautiful thing to literally just drop the phone into the dock and have it go right into desk or car mode by itself. You can't use the laptock with a non stock based rom either, no webtop...

OP
S

Stardust342

Reaction score
Head on over to XDA. Cyanogenmod 10.1 is totally working now. The flash not working is old news. Flash it just like any other rom on this phone. Root, safestrap, create a rom slot, install the rom, install gapps, reboot, done. You can install custom kernels that overclock as well. Just do a lot of research and reading and you'll be going in no time. I actually prefer a stock based rom to CM though since none of the docks on this phone will work with a non stock based rom. I use the docks for this phone ALL THE TIME seeing as they work with BOTH the extended battery AND the TPU case. They're also dirt cheap on amazon since the Bionic has been EOL now for awhile, like $7... I have a desk dock at work, a desk dock on my nightstand, car docks in both my cars and its a beautiful thing to literally just drop the phone into the dock and have it go right into desk or car mode by itself. You can't use the laptock with a non stock based rom either, no webtop...

I don't have any docks.. and I don't really use my phone at home except to text or whatnot. I think I will install CM because I am getting a horribly laggy experience with the stock ROM, and I'll most likely install a custom kernel to overclock it a little bit.
But thanks for the help!

OP
S

Stardust342

Reaction score
My Bionic came with Android v4.1.2 so the root method on CM's website doesn't work.
I found a root method for v4.1.2 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/243279-easy-root-bionic-stock-4-1-2-jelly-bean.html
But I get stuck here...
66793d1380994128-easy-root-bionic-stock-4-1-2-jelly-bean-root-fail.png

Reaction score
Yeah I just did my wife's bionic and that screen happened 75% of the time. You have to follow ALL the directions as in read what is says above all that. Get the phone on your home wifi, connect to where it tells you with all the passwords. Make sure you have it connected as a media device NOT mass storage an make sure you have all the proper USB drivers.

OP
S

Stardust342

Reaction score
I did everything it said... And I have the Motorola 5.9 device drivers.
Am I missing something?

Reaction score
I had to use an older version of the bionic specific drivers... I honestly forget where I got them from. I googled this issue and it was one of the first results on a forum that had a good DL link. The newer Moto drivers did not work for me either but like I said I was just able to do the wife's phone and get her on Raging Bionic too and the complaining about getting a new phone abruptly stopped. Now I just have to replace the damn earpiece in her phone... oh well $15 vs $200 for a new subsidized one...

trblmkr4

Reaction score
OP
S

Stardust342

Reaction score
I got it to root today after trying 3 times. I used a different usb cable and port this time.

EDIT: Now I installed CM10.1.3 .
Everything works on it so far, which is great.
I LOVE that I can use an SD card as external storage now. YES!!!!!
But I don't see any option in settings to overclock it... anyone know how?

arana

Reaction score
I can personally recommend these 3 (tried them all cant make up my mind)

PACMAN ROM (4.3 excelent customizations has Paranoid + CM + aokp features all in one)
[ROM] Official PACman Bionic - xda-developers

AOKP jb mr1 2013-08-21 (this is the one im using now very stable)

and
AVATAR (title says its now 4.3 but info says is 4.2, when i tried it 2 months ago it was 4.2.2, not sure if they updated with 4.3 now)
[ROM][JB] [4.3] Avatar ROM for Motorola Bionic (targa) - Updated [Nov 01,2013] - xda-developers

and just for fun if you like trying stuff theres cm11 unnoffical (4.4 kit kat) still in diapers but promising
Index of /Devs/Dhacker29/omap4 (the targa one of course) i have installed this in slot 1 with only 1gb data just for testing it havent removed it yet coz im lazy, and you know hitting the delete slot button takes so much time and effort)

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
So I thought I'd try PAC, but the nightly downloads for targa are .log and .HTML. I don't see a zip? What am I missing

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
The other issue I've been having is since I flashed the dhacker cm11. I can't get any other cm nightlys to flash. Anybody have problem too? Or know some process I'm missing?

arana

Reaction score
The other issue I've been having is since I flashed the dhacker cm11. I can't get any other cm nightlys to flash. Anybody have problem too? Or know some process I'm missing?

there arent theres only 2 from him both unnoficial
for pac files you have to google a bit, they were there, now they arent, but if you follow thread someone posted a link there.