Flashed v38 kaosfroyo and phone lasts 2 hours

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I flashed my gf's Eris over to the v38 kaosfroyo and didn't purchase Setcpu, just running whatever kernel comes with the ROM. From a complete charge, the phone will last 2-3 hours with NO use. The only application that she is using that didn't come with the ROM is Fancy Widget. Its setup to update every 2 hours, so I don't see how that can be killing the battery. It also is very hot. It just acts like something is running and working the processor very hard. Any help? Maybe try a different ROM?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd wipe it and try again. Also you should bite the bullet and drop the $2 on setcpu, its well worth it. If you cant afford the $2, you can get it for free from the developer on xda. Hot phone = bad things.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
F

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That is actually the 2nd time I installed it fresh. It did the same thing the first time it was installed. I have SetCPU on my Moto Droid and love it, but she doesn't see any reason in spending the extra money on it. I think if it doesn't get better, I'm going to put the 2.1 OTA back on it. She likes the way the stock HTC unlock screen is and doesn't like the 2.2 slider.

slikrider20

Reaction score
I have the same problem, my phone is lucky to last 2 hours with NO use on V38.

I honestly can't tell a difference using SetCPU or not...

I'm gonna go back to V37 and see if it goes back to normal.

Last edited:

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
that happened to me to, i went from v37 to v38 and went from getting almost 2 days out of a battery to getting almost 4 hours, i am going back to v37, and will wait for v39 to come out to see if that helps with the battery.

slikrider20

Reaction score
I re installed v37, did the battery calibration thing and now my phone is back to normal. It's been unplugged for 3 hours now and is at 94 percent :D

It's simple to swap Kaosfroyo versions, i just do the dalvik cache clear and then reflash the old zip.

Threeball

Reaction score
This has come up quite a bit over at xda. All you need to do is update the kernel. Its cfs v6 available from the user conap. Just flash it over the top of kaosfroyo v38.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

projekt128

Reaction score
This has come up quite a bit over at xda. All you need to do is update the kernel. Its cfs v6 available from the user conap. Just flash it over the top of kaosfroyo v38.

Do you have the link for this by chance?

Check. I found it.. Also do you know if conap's rom is more stable/better off than kaosfroyo?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723263

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I just flashed that and my battery lasts from 6am-10pm with the battery losing barely half its life. Made a HUGE difference.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
The cfsv6. Kernel is what I just flashed btw

projektorboy

Reaction score
DBdW1.png

Android ROM Site

The above link is to Conap's download page. His CFS kernel is now up to v8 and it's completely safe to flash.

When updating the kernel (especially since you've had battery issues) there are 3 very important things you must do when you reboot into recovery to do the flash:

1. Wipe Cache
2. Wipe Dalvik
3. Wipe Battery Stats

Since the previous battery-draining kernel threw all the battery calibration data out of whack, you'll need to wipe battery stats & discharge your battery completely a few times for your phone to re-learn how the battery is supposed to go. That will maximize battery life for you.

Please note that because you wiped the system cache & Dalvik cache, rebooting your phone into the OS after installing the kernel will take longer, up to five minutes. This is normal.

In addition to all this, you will want to go to the Applications menu under settings and clear data for the Camera. Reboot after clearing the data, and your camera should be a lot more stable.

Last edited:

powerhouselb

Reaction score
Well, that did the trick for my phone. Not only does the battery last as it should, but the Gallery is a lot smoother, it loads faster, and the native camera works again. Now, if I could just figure out why you tube videos no longer play. Oh well.
Thanks a heap.

Edited: 12/01/2010 - I used the PerfLock Disabler in SetCPU on my Eris and YouTube videos play like a charm now. For now, anyway.

Last edited:

my77stang

Reaction score
I've been having the same problems with mine after flashing with the battery dying SO fast. I also noticed that my camera locks up after about 1/2 a second and the side sliding method to unlock the phone is a real PITA.

What I did notice over the stock 2.1 fw was the phone seems to be faster, I use shoutout for txting and it was taking FOREVER to type stuff and navigate - it works much much faster now but the voice texting stopped working :(

eris94

Reaction score
i am completely new at this, how do flash that cfsv6 file over KaosFroyo v38? i already saved the .zip file to my computer but now im not sure what to do