FLASH SALE: $1 for RC Quadcopter, 5 limit! (June 25 Chicago 10:10 am to 10:20 am)

got a reply from them on facebook...

TabletExpress: The server went down due to a traffic spike. We will toubleshoot the issue and, once it's fixed, will relaunch the sale. Please stay tuned.
Thank you for contacting them but we all knew it was bs. I was in like all of you and got the 503. Thanks DF but it was planned and they want you to buy one with the coupon code. As someone said Acme was the server. I wish they were. Might have worked! Bait and switch. We all tried. I got what I expected. Oh well. We did try. And If you post you got one you're full of ****.

Last edited:
I would better believe it if df had enough traffic to drive hundreds of thousands of people to that deal. But they don't and tablet express doesn't have enough Facebook followers to get the traffic from there. I just don't see where all of the supposed server load came from.

In their defense, I expected that this Flash Sale was going to cause a quasi DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service) attack. Truth is, a DDOS failure doesn't really need "hundreds of thousands" of hits in order to cause the server to fail. In this case, the "trojan" was the offer of a $50 QuadCopter for $1. That's enough to get every body synchronized to click the send button at the same time almost perfectly. Enough of those and you have a server crash. I was on the site and watched the countdown. At the moment it turned to 00:00:00, I clicked on "Add to cart", and it started the "sit and spin".

I had refreshed the page dozens of times over the next 10 minutes, and each time it timed out. Once the 10 minutes of Flash Sale was over, everyone gave up trying and the server got the relief it needed to accomplish a reboot or to regain control of the data flow. Within 30 seconds of the 10 minute offer end, I got a refreshed page and it showed the price to be the c. $50 per copter. I think they just weren't prepared for the sudden inflow of requests and that they were being honest about the cause and attempts to resolve. Let's see if they come back with another offer and see how that plays out before we launch any criticism.

I would better believe it if df had enough traffic to drive hundreds of thousands of people to that deal. But they don't and tablet express doesn't have enough Facebook followers to get the traffic from there. I just don't see where all of the supposed server load came from.
It's not just DF traffic... Google picks it up as well.. You don't have to follow them on FB.. Millions lurk and watch for those kinds of deals...

Every Time we have a contest we get peeps here that never posted here before.. Contest mongers...lol

I want my 5 Copters. I got my $5 Ready!

Hi friends, sorry for my late reply. I'm back to work today.

First, sorry for all the inconvenience, the website was down on June 25th 10:10-10:20 due to lots of traffic arrive at same time. So some friends may not get the RC at a real discount price. Please pay attention to our further flash sale in the future, I will keep update.

And I need to explain the activity rules, though the flash sale has gone. There are only 5 RC quadcopters totally rush to purchase which valued $1.00, and each person can get one RC valued $1.00. Hope you get the point now.

I will keep update the flash sale activity to you.

First, sorry for all the inconvenience, the website was down on June 25th 10:10-10:20 due to lots of traffic arrive at same time. So some friends may not get the RC at a real discount price. Please pay attention to our further flash sale in the future, I will keep update.

And I need to explain the activity rules, though the flash sale has gone. There are only 5 RC quadcopters totally rush to purchase which valued $1.00, and each person can get one RC valued $1.00. Hope you get the point now.

Really? 5 total for $1 each. You need to work on your sale terms. Because it read anyone could buy up to 5 during that ten minute window (while supplies last)

Really? 5 total for $1 each. You need to work on your sale terms. Because it read anyone could buy up to 5 during that ten minute window (while supplies last)

OK, we will make some progress next time.

Agreed. It was a confusing offer and many including myself interpreted the offer to mean that you were offering up to 5 copters per buyer at $1 each. It's no wonder the website servers crashed. If everyone understood the offer was for 5 copters in total I believe there would have been hardly any interest at all. The expectation would be that the very first person to get through would most likely buy all 5 leaving every other person completely out of luck.

If you are going to repeat this offer, I might suggest several changes or options for your offer;

If you are again limiting the offer to a total of only 5 copters then allowing all 5 to be bought by the first person in is far less exciting than simply saying that the first 5 in can each get only one at the $1 price. This way at least there are 5 chances to win rather than only one.

If you can afford it I might suggest opening the offer up to a larger number of $1 copters than just 5, but unless you are going to move that total quantity to perhaps 50 at a maximum of 5 each then I would stick with limiting them to 1 each instead.

Another option would be to offer perhaps a 'buy two at the coupon price, get a third for a dollar'. This would both drive interest and real revenue as well as giving a much larger number of customers the ability to feel like they're getting a great deal. If you did this I would suggest carrying that offer for perhaps the first 50 who buy two at the coupon price. If you wish you could extend that offer to even more since the purchases would be there to bring profit.

Any of these ideas would both increase interest and reduce the huge run on your servers, and you could even do two different offers together to build even more interest. These are merely suggestions and should not be taken as demands in any way.

I hope the next offer is a success and that it benefits your company and generates great interest in these and other products you offer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You only sold 5 for a $1 each? 5??? Glad I didn't waste my time.

I agree with the fox. You need to work on your selling descriptions. Sales like this will turn everyone off from ever using your site. Maybe it's best to have a natural English speaking person wrote them?

Last edited:
Its things like this that make me avoid these websites and don't purchase anything or recommend them for that matter.

You only sold 5 for a $1 each? 5??? Glad I didn't waste my time.

I agree with the fox. You need to work on your selling descriptions. Sales like this will turn everyone off from ever using your site. Maybe it's best to have a natural English speaking person wrote them?
Furthermore, and in agreement with you there's no evidence they actually sold any because apparently the site went down almost immediately at the point at which the flash sale started which was 10:10 a.m., and remaining there until just after the flash sale ended at 10:20 a.m. I can confirm this because I was on the site for that entire time from the moment the clock turned to zeros and until after the 10 minutes was up and saw both the failure at the initial onset and then the subsequent normal operation immediately after the sale was over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't think op is native English speaker hence why the wording wasn't right. Better luck next time!

Back