Flash quit working...

jjb2

Reaction score
So I went to take a pic in low light and the red box kept coming up. I took the pic anyway and no flash. The flash was set to auto so i switched it to on and still no flash. I switched over to the video camera and tried to turn the light on and still nothing. Any suggestions, or am I S.O.L. I am rooted and running Froyo, but do not use any of the flashlight apps. The flash was working earlier in the day, but just stopped.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I went to take a pic in low light and the red box kept coming up. I took the pic anyway and no flash. The flash was set to auto so i switched it to on and still no flash. I switched over to the video camera and tried to turn the light on and still nothing. Any suggestions, or am I S.O.L. I am rooted and running Froyo, but do not use any of the flashlight apps. The flash was working earlier in the day, but just stopped.

Start with the basics. Restart your Droid, if that doesn't work do a 30 second battery pull, and if that fails, settings/Privacy/Factory Data reset. If that fails then it's a warranty replacement.

OP
J

jjb2

Reaction score

Start with the basics. Restart your Droid, if that doesn't work do a 30 second battery pull, and if that fails, settings/Privacy/Factory Data reset. If that fails then it's a warranty replacement.

No luck, but thanks for the quick response. This sucks. I want my camera to work but I really don't feel like unrooting and starting over again with a new phone. I love my current set up.