LED Flash not working

rastephens

Reaction score
Help! I was trying to take some pictures in low light tonight with my Motorola Droid, and I discovered that the flash isn't working right. It lights up long enough for the focus to lock, and then goes dark. I have tried adjusting all the camera settings, turned the flash on and off, pulled the battery and restarted the phone, but I get the same result everytime. Anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is how it works. the camera focuses and then goes dark. then you take the picture and it flashes again.

OP
R

rastephens

Reaction score
I guess I wasn't clear in my OP, it goes dark and then it DOESN'T flash again. I have soft reset, hard reset, and tried every available camera setting, so I guess I'm headed back to Verizon shortly.

Silver Member
Reaction score
is it actually taking the picture through the process of flash and no flash? have you checked all of your settings? are you sure that the camera is focusing?

OP
R

rastephens

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried pretty much all of the settings. The LEDS light up, the focus locks (I get the green corners) then the LEDs go dark, and when I push the button all the way, the picture snaps, but the LEDs don't flash. Doesn't work any better using the button on the screen, either.

drwolcor

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. Mine flashes the leds to focus but when the picture snaps it has a very weak flash, pictures in a dim room hardly show up and is super grainy. I have not had this issue beforw, the camera did a decent job with flash before. Something isn't right

mackiv

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. Mine flashes the leds to focus but when the picture snaps it has a very weak flash, pictures in a dim room hardly show up and is super grainy. I have not had this issue beforw, the camera did a decent job with flash before. Something isn't right
Exact same thing, bump.