Camera Shutter Speed with Flash

brochaos

Reaction score
anybody who knows cameras will know that if you are using the flash, your shutter speed will almost always default to 1/60. this is not so on the droid. i have images taken with flash that show a shutter speed of 1/10. obviously you cannot stop motion with 1/10 like you can with 1/60. and the light is there, since the flash is firing. since we do not have any shutter controls, or even a generic brightness +/- setting, there is no way to trick the camera to speed up the shutter.

yes the camera has low light issues even without flash, but that wouldn't be as much of an issue if the flash actually worked. the droid eris shouldn't take better pictures with no flash than the droid takes WITH a flash.

can anyone verify that their pictures also have slow shutter speeds with flash enabled? i haven't seen anything specific posted on googles forums...but this really needs to be fixed. we are talking photography 101 here...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
It's a known problem , in low light conditions the Droid's camera is crappier than a 5 year old flip phone . Everybody knows about this and nobody seems to care , the sensor on the Droid can perform better so it can be improved by software but there is no word from Google or Moto that they care about fixing this , and I don't think it'll ever be fixed . It would have been good to have at least a manual ISO setting :( . Get use to it .

OP
brochaos

brochaos

Reaction score
i know it's been talked about over and over, but i wanted to actually confirm with real shutter speeds and stuff, instead of a bunch of people just saying "the camera sucks". but yes, it's just a very minor software thing! this camera could be SOOO much better. i'm just worried motorola hasn't heard enough complaints, i would hope they care, it's a pretty major feature on the phone. oh well, still holding out hope...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Yes , it's 1/10 on all of them , checked pictures taken with 4 different Droids . I lost my hope that they will address this issue , seeing most people believe that this is the most incredible camera phone .

OP
brochaos

brochaos

Reaction score
well thanks for the help anyways man.