Flash Bionic to Cricket

BionicWoman49

Reaction score
I have been given a Motorola Bionic and went to the Cricket place to get it flashed. Aside from the fact that they are still perfecting the flash to Cricket, they told me that the phone was missing the LTE card and that they couldn't flash it without the card.

I am such a newbie that I'm not clear what the LTE card does. The guy at Cricket said to try the Verizon store....will Verizon sell me the card or do I have to have service to get one? Is there a generic form or do I have to go to Verizon?
Thanks for whatever info you may have.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The LTE card is for Verizon's LTE 4G radio. It's ironic but I do think you need the LTE installed on the bionic in order to flash it to cricket... I might be wrong though. Part of the process of flashing to cricket is turning off LTE so that the phone only uses the 3G network since at the moment cricket doesn't offer 4G. You can get the LTE simcard on ebay for about $8. Verizon will only give you a free one if you activate the phone with them and sign the contract. Another thing to note is that there are two different sizes of LTE simcards. The bionic takes the larger of the two; be sure to read the description on ebay or ask the seller if the card is compatible with the bionic.