Help!! Please!!! Help!!!!

nuggetz4life

Reaction score
I know this is a Verizon forum but Im hoping someone here can help! I have a cricket zio android. the brand new one. I just bought it a month ago. I tried to use it to do something with my playstation 3 and now it is flashed to verizon! i tried to do a factory reset and now it wont boot up at all! cricket wont help me and says that I need to buy a new phone! PLEASE HELP MEE!!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cant you just flash it back to cricket the way u did the first time?

and what did you do with your playstation?

OP
N

nuggetz4life

Reaction score
well im not exactly sure how I did it thats the thing. and i was using my droid to jailbreak my ps3. i have NO idea how to get it back. when it boots up now it just stays at the kyocera screen. it never goes past that.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know this is a Verizon forum but Im hoping someone here can help! I have a cricket zio android. the brand new one. I just bought it a month ago. I tried to use it to do something with my playstation 3 and now it is flashed to verizon! i tried to do a factory reset and now it wont boot up at all! cricket wont help me and says that I need to buy a new phone! PLEASE HELP MEE!!!!

What directions were you following?
What was the end objective you were trying to accomplish?

Without knowing I'd guess you installed something on the phone that was meant for a Verizon phone. There should be a method to install a stock rom to get you back to where you were.

OP
N

nuggetz4life

Reaction score
i tried a lot of things actually. the end result was to plug my droid into my ps3 and it was supposed to load a files onto the ps3. i was trying to put the phone into recovery mode and it would never go into recovery mode. i had to put it into the bootloader and even then it wasnt a menu. it was just text.

i have no idea about any of this ROM stuff and flashing. I dont know where to get any of the ROM files or how to flash anything. Im kinda clueless with these droids. I was following a bunch of youtube videos

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i tried a lot of things actually. the end result was to plug my droid into my ps3 and it was supposed to load a files onto the ps3. i was trying to put the phone into recovery mode and it would never go into recovery mode. i had to put it into the bootloader and even then it wasnt a menu. it was just text.

i have no idea about any of this ROM stuff and flashing. I dont know where to get any of the ROM files or how to flash anything. Im kinda clueless with these droids. I was following a bunch of youtube videos

A rom is an image of the phone's operating system, or a part thereof. You can flash it onto the phone to replace the current operating system.

You could have been doing just about anything to your phone. You'd have to post which videos you watched and someone here would have to then go watch the same video to try and sort out what you did.

Your best bet probably will be to locate a cricket or zio phone forum and see if someone there can either walk you through getting your phone back to stock condition or flipping whatever switch you flipped to get it back onto the Cricket network.

Start here: Google and good luck. (that isn't just Google's homepage, I did a search for you)

goochbuntu

Reaction score
this might help

before u update your prls or try this take your phone into cricket play dumb and say i dont know whats going on with it some of them have the rom for cricket and they will get it reprogramed you will probley have to pay i little bit to have them do it but some of them are cool and do it for cheap. if you dont trust cricket i have a rom that someone was wanting that was from a zio but i dont know how you would load it if you would like it i can upload it to a server for you. i just forgot were i downloaded it from. <go to a exclusive dealer >not a real cricket store

you need to get the prls for cricket some how you updated the prl files to verizon which it sounds like to me i have made a website for a motorola droid d2 and x on kinda how to switch a verzion phone to cricket this may help you may have to modify the steps i have and you can skip steps
http://cricketflash.co.cc

i would not touch the nv update or any other stuff dealing with pst since you have a cricket phone already

all you touch is getting cdma workshop connected to the phone going to the other tab and pushing the prls which i listed

after you restart the phone with that prl update you will want to do a *228 to update your programing and cricket will reprogram the phone and fix the problem this is how i would do it