Flash 10.1 with Droid X and 2.1 Eclair

acid

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has flash 10.1 working on their droid x?!! I found a download and instructions on how to get flash for 2.1 Eclair. Just follow the instructions on the link How To: Install Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1 Eclair Devices
then go on to install Skyfire beta from the Android Market.

After all goes well you should be able to load flash movies in the browser without the youtube app. Worked for me so let me know what you think.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Skyfire has had the ability on its own to play most Flash videos with out having to download the Flash app from Adobe

Thanks for the heads up on the Flash for 2.1 link!! might try it out but would rather wait for the X to get it officially... it wasn't that great on the Droid any ways

OP
A

acid

Reaction score
oh

i hadn't thought of that. I guess the Skyfire flash works without the flash 10.1? I thought you had to have 2.2 froyo and skyfire 2.2 to get flash 10.1 so I thought this was a workaround, but I guess not. Anyways, so is this info any good at all?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
i hadn't thought of that. I guess the Skyfire flash works without the flash 10.1? I thought you had to have 2.2 froyo and skyfire 2.2 to get flash 10.1 so I thought this was a workaround, but I guess not. Anyways, so is this info any good at all?

I had no idea before that you could get Flash on a pre 2.2 device so that was something new I learned so yeah it was a good post dancedroid