flash 10.1 beta 3 slow on droid

ethion

Reaction score
I updated my rom to 2.2 and installed the latest Flash 10.1 beta. I then happily went and started hitting web sites looking for flash. The first sites I didn't even know if it was working cause it was autoloading flash but I did notice that those web pages were slow!!

Ok so I made it so I had to tell it to run. Then I went back to looking for video. I hit numerous sites and would notice a message pop up saying this video hasn't been optimized for mobile devices then the video would play at an amazingly slow rate and the phone would lag... This is running overclocked to 800mhz.

I then went to the same site with the skyfire browser and the video playback was a million times faster.

So is it just me or does adobe flash just totally suck or what??? I know that personally if this is as good as it gets I'll probably very rarely use it.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
for me it has depended on the site, some have run ok, others have been extremely slow... o/c'd to 1ghz here

though i don't know if o/c helps b/c i think flash will use the gpu... ?

kennydied23

Reaction score
You should keep in mind that there is no hardware acceleration on these betas. Also these apks were made for the nexus one which has a stronger cpu than the droid. Once the final version comes out hopefully it will be faster.

OP
E

ethion

Reaction score
I'm overclocking mine to 1ghz now. Doesn't that make the cpu for the Droid the same as the one for the Nexus?

Yes I do understand that someday there will be a droid flash version that will hopefully have some optimization for the droid gpu at which point I'd guess the droid will run flash even better then the nexus....

FrostMan

Reaction score
Was streaming world cup (damn brazil!) this morning without a problem. And my phone downclocks from 1ghz to 500mhz after it reaches 106 degrees on the battery, and still ran smooth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm overclocking mine to 1ghz now. Doesn't that make the cpu for the Droid the same as the one for the Nexus?

Yes I do understand that someday there will be a droid flash version that will hopefully have some optimization for the droid gpu at which point I'd guess the droid will run flash even better then the nexus....

Download the app Quadrant Standard from the Market and find out exactly how you are doing. ;)

OP
E

ethion

Reaction score

Download the app Quadrant Standard from the Market and find out exactly how you are doing. ;)

I found that app and ran it. My score was 1247 which looks a bit less then nexus with 2.2. To bad it doesn't let you break down the performance by category...

Most of the graphics were running 16/17 fps.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No hw acceleration will play a big part. Remember, its a beta...

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Same here, some slow as molasses , and stuffs the phone up as well .
1047 stock 2.2 frf84b 5/38/11/11fps

DDCtech

Reaction score
Is the Flash Beta 3 still the latest/greatest for our beloved D1? One would think that with the Froyo OTA rolling out, Adobe would do the official release. I guess one never knows, do one?

kennydied23

Reaction score
Is the Flash Beta 3 still the latest/greatest for our beloved D1? One would think that with the Froyo OTA rolling out, Adobe would do the official release. I guess one never knows, do one?

Yes it's the latest one. I'm hoping that they release a beta 4 or a final with hardware acceleration REALLY soon. It's been almost 2 months since beta 3 was released, it's about time for another release.