Flaky hotmail?

branabolic

Reaction score
did a quick search and found nothing on this matter... my droid keeps giving me notifications of unread emails, but when i check, i have no new ones. i even went through my whole inbox on the phone and made sure i opened every single email at least once so it wouldn't say they are unread. any ideas? it's getting kind of annoying.

fezdlc

Reaction score
Yea I had da exact same problem so I just decided to turn of da automatic 15 minute refresh and set it to manually refresh becsuase it was gettin annoying... is their an app or some way to get hotmail pushed to da Droid?

OP
B

branabolic

Reaction score
not only does the hotmail always notify me i have new messages when i really don't, but i've now noticed that my Gmail will not notify me of new messages. i have to go into the gmail, then hit refresh now, and sure enough a new email will pop up. can someone explain to me how the gmail works?

Phony1

Reaction score
This seems to be a common occurrence with my phone as well, when I mark my Hotmail messages as read, I get a few that will return in my email notification?? This usually occurs after about a half hour or so after said messages were marked.

jsquared

Reaction score
if your using the standard email app that came with the phone, it will do that with Hotmail, download K-9 email app from the Market and the problem will be gone...trust me I know I almost went crazy when I kept getting 50+new emails every 5 minutes

Phony1

Reaction score
Downloaded the K-9 (beta) app and I am still receiving repeat notifications of old emails after they have been marked as read :( after checking it is only 3 specific emails though?

Last edited:

bgrubb7

Reaction score
It's a Hotmail POP thing. I get the same problem on my Mac with Entourage if I have it set to check mail more frequently than every 20 min. Set the frequency to 30 min or just leave it manual and see if it fixes the problem. If you look at the Hotmail instructions on how to setup POP access, they specifically list this issue and recommend only checking the server every 20 or greater.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
OK, I've got K9 working with my Hotmail incoming, but I can't connect to the outgoing server. I'm using smtp.live.com with SSL and Port 25 with Sign in. Is this correct? Still won't connect.