Still confused about GMail

M

Matth3w

My inbox shows 5 mails in my inbox. My inbox has EVERY SINGLE mail read. NONE of my emails are archived. I hit view labels > all mail and all five emails are marked as being in the INBOX label ONLY, yet UNREAD. Yet in my inbox they are marked as READ. Then if I select them, hit menu > mark read, they all get marked read. Then I back out to my inbox, it still shows I have 5 unread email, so I go BACK to all mail and the ones I JUST marked as read are now back to being UNREAD. So what the hell am I doing wrong? This is very annoying.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you experience the same before rooting/installing a rom? Because I was having the same issue, but I recently wanted to try out dmupdater's back to stock feature. It's been a few days now since i returned to stock, but my gmail seems to be syncing up a lot better...Obviously you're not going back to stock just for gmail sync, but figured I'd share my observation.

Chilazr

Reaction score
Is it doing the same thing in your Gmail account on your computer?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is it doing the same thing in your Gmail account on your computer?

In my experience, the mobile web version of gmail and the pc version were the only way to empty my trash and know that those emails would be gone when i came back. Seems like those inboxes didn't show phantom new messages.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
My inbox shows 5 mails in my inbox. My inbox has EVERY SINGLE mail read. NONE of my emails are archived. I hit view labels > all mail and all five emails are marked as being in the INBOX label ONLY, yet UNREAD. Yet in my inbox they are marked as READ. Then if I select them, hit menu > mark read, they all get marked read. Then I back out to my inbox, it still shows I have 5 unread email, so I go BACK to all mail and the ones I JUST marked as read are now back to being UNREAD. So what the hell am I doing wrong? This is very annoying.

You're not doing anything wrong, it's just a bug. I've seen it too. Just ignore it? Hopefully 2.1 will fix it.