My emails keep repeating!

MadSammyboy

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I hope this isn't a repeat thread, but I didn't see anything recent on this issue, so here goes:

Original Droid, running 2.2.1 stock. I have two Hotmail accounts and one MSN Mail account that I have synced to the phone. My emails come through fine, and I generally delete them from my Droid as soon as I read them. I usually go online to Hotmail/MSN to delete those emails there, too, every few days.

My problem is that about every three or four days or so, I get a sort of 'email dump' of these three accounts, where ALL the emails from the last few weeks all come to my Droid at the same time- even emails that I've since deleted from my Hotmail inboxes show up as new, unread emails on my Droid.

I remember reading something about how you could change the email settings on Droid so that it wouldn't deliver anything older than, say, three days, but on Android 2.2.1, I cannot for the LIFE of me find the place where I might adjust this setting.

Is this something others have experienced, and does anyone know how to stop/fix it? It's very annoying, having to go through and delete all these emails again. Plus, it takes up memory. Any help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, can't say I have heard about deleted email getting sent repeatedly. I think what you need to do is visit your gmail account on line and investigate the settings. They have a pretty good help section, maybe you can find the answer to your issue there.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have experienced this with Email and text messages, but not to the extend that I have been bugged about it enough to go "searching". I just deleted all my email accounts from the phone except, of course Gmail, made that my main with all my contacts. I go online and check AOl, live, and others when I think about it.

Since Android is Google, I suggest you make that your main email. I know, you love whatever you have been using, but life is so much easier, if you either forward on the computer your @whatever to Gmail.

Just my 2 cents worth. No offense.

OP
M

MadSammyboy

Reaction score
Hookbill, chrstdvd, thank you for your responses. To tell the truth, I've been using the stock Android email app all this time, so I've cleared my accounts from it, installed K-9, and we'll see if that solves the problem.

Chrstdvd, I did consider forwarding my emails to my gmail account, but it's actually an account a few other people use, so I decided against that for now. If K-9 doesn't solve the problem, I'll probably end up doing that, though, or setting up a new gmail account and switching everything over. I don't know if that's an involved thing to do, but hopefully K-9 will work and I won't need to find out!

Thanks again, and I'll update with my results after a while.

GT944

Reaction score
I found your thread because I was having a similar issue - a couple emails would just come back on the next sync cycle after I deleted them on my Dinc w/ the stock email app. Reboot seems to have solved the problem, but we'll see.

**EDIT** Nope, nevermind - still same issue! Let us know if K9 solves the issue, but there's got to be something I can do - the stock email app is decent, I don't see any reason to change at this point, there's got to be a way to stop this cycle.

Last edited:

Lastb0isct

Reaction score
I'm also interested to know whether or not the K-9 app works well for you. Post your results please!!