- Dec 23, 2009
- Reaction score
Todays topic will be more for the intermediate to expert level involving supplements. Earlier this week we had a engaging discussion about pre-workouts so I decided to talk about that today as those same discussions are going on through out gyms across the country. Pre-workout supplements (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/best-pre-workout-supplements.html) are meant to give you that extra kick during your workouts using various chemicals to stimulate a surge of energy and increase blood flow. Chemicals found in pre work outs range from the following:
- Branched Chain Amino Acids: essential nutrients that the body gets from proteins found in food. Used to improve performance while reducing muscle breakdown during exercises.
- Glutamine: Helps with protein synthesis, cellular energy, and regulation of acid balance in the kidney
- Essential Fatty Acids: fatty acids humans need for health.
- Creatine: supplies energy to cells and muscles in the body
- Protein: Very important for muscle growth and recovery
- Beta Alanine: an amino acid that helps improve performance, build lean muscle mass, and can improve physical performance for the elderly by helping with muscle fatigue. Side-effects: none for small dosage but moderate to large dosages can cause flushing and a tingling sensation.
Do you use pre-workout supplements?
What products do (or have) you use(d)?
What turned you on to pre-workout supplements?