Fission error on Bootstrapper

Aversion

Reaction score
Where do I put the bootstrap file? I tried just dropping it onto the card. The program successfully installed but when I click ''Bootstrap Recovery'' I get this error -- Failure - error running exec() command: [su, -c, ./data/data/com.koushikdutta. droid2.bootstrap/files/surunner.sh] Working Directory: null Enviroment: null

How do I fix this?

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
I just rechecked and it shows that I am not. But 10 minutes ago when I checked I was..

Im using z4root. I tried re-rooting and it now says SUCCESS. I guess I dont need help on that after all.

lizard

Reaction score
Its will not work if your not. Im wondering why you lost root. What have you been doing?

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

lizard

Reaction score
Kool, glad you got it.

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
Kool, glad you got it.

Okay so I am following this guide

Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

And have gotten all the way to the last step. I did every step but when I hit install Fission 2.4 it reboots into ClockWorkRecovery..

What do I do?

Edit: I installed Fission but I am stuck in the boot screen! :(

I said successfully installed, rebooted and for the past 5 minutes I see ''Android'' after the M logo. I cant power the phone off with the power button what do I do?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can usually hit "Reboot" in Clockwork and it will reboot normally.

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
You can usually hit "Reboot" in Clockwork and it will reboot normally.

My phone doesnt boot up. I get to the 'Android' animation and it just goes on forever.

How do I recover back to the original stock phone? I dont want to brick my phone.

lizard

Reaction score
You mean the little droid/triangle with exclamation point or the red eye?

If your talking about the red eye, leave it alone if its animated for a few minutes. It may take a good five minutes but if the eye isn't animated then its stuck. Don't want to run your battery down so pull it if its stuck.

lizard

Reaction score
I took a gander at your profile Aversion and you have a d2 global. Is the rom you are trying to flash compatible with your phone? I don't know myself. I have a regular d2. That might be an issue. When the sun comes up maybe more members will notice this thread a help. Don't get discouraged, just hang tight. I've seen people around here in worse shape than you walk away just fine.

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
I took a gander at your profile Aversion and you have a d2 global. Is the rom you are trying to flash compatible with your phone? I don't know myself. I have a regular d2. That might be an issue. When the sun comes up maybe more members will notice this thread a help. Don't get discouraged, just hang tight. I've seen people around here in worse shape than you walk away just fine.

I used the files and install information from the Droid 2 Global Fission FRM.

I re-did all the steps and my phone rebooted with Fission 2.4 installed.

How do I go back to the stock Motorola if I want to. I backed up before I did the install but cant find the files anywhere.