Bootstrapper error message

thewilltolive

Reaction score
So I finally rooted with the dorootforwindows.zip method which worked fine, BUT I immediately went to backup with bootstrapper and when selected 'bootstrap recovery' instead of bringing up the superuser access, etc I got this error message:

Failure
Error Running exec().
Command: [su, -c, ./data/data/
com.koushiikdutta.droidx.
bootstrap/files,surunner.sh]
Working Directory: null
Environment: Null

Needless to say I didn't know where to go from there. I did download droidbootstrap from a link of a guide to backing up your droid, and now just saw it available on market. Could my original version be corrupted. I also see other users doing a sprecovery. I'm unsure if maybe I skipped a step!

OP
T

thewilltolive

Reaction score
So I finally rooted with the dorootforwindows.zip method which worked fine, BUT I immediately went to backup with bootstrapper and when selected 'bootstrap recovery' instead of bringing up the superuser access, etc I got this error message:

Failure
Error Running exec().
Command: [su, -c, ./data/data/
com.koushiikdutta.droidx.
bootstrap/files,surunner.sh]
Working Directory: null
Environment: Null

Needless to say I didn't know where to go from there. I did download droidbootstrap from a link off a guide to backing up your droid (My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)), and now just saw it available on market. Could my original version be corrupted? I'm unsure if maybe I skipped a step! Brand new DX running Froyo 2.3.340 or so it says.

SanJuan

Reaction score
Superuser didn't install correctly. I would reccommened rooting with Z4root. Or try installing superuser from the market ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

thewilltolive

Reaction score
Thanks,
Should I unroot before or just go ahead and run z4root. Also if I just go ahead with installing superuser from market is there any possibility of screwing anything up?

OP
T

thewilltolive

Reaction score
Ok thanks where do I get sbf.zip? Oh and I swiped over and turned on my wifi and my dx completely froze and would not power down. I had to take the battery out and back in and power up to restore the phone which was still sluggish. What happened?

Gilbert Fields

Reaction score
I'll be rooting later tonight when I get off work. Any recommendations, tips I should look for? I'll be rooting with Z4.

en28so

Reaction score
I'll be rooting later tonight when I get off work. Any recommendations, tips I should look for? I'll be rooting with Z4.

1: make sure you are on the latest firmware 2.3.240
2: root with Z4root
3: install boot strap.
4:hit bootstrap recovery, then hit hit bootstrap recovery reboot
5:make a nandroid backup of the stock rom, just in case you mess up something

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

SanJuan

Reaction score
Ok thanks where do I get sbf.zip? Oh and I swiped over and turned on my wifi and my dx completely froze and would not power down. I had to take the battery out and back in and power up to restore the phone which was still sluggish. What happened?

On that link in my previous post:) and honestly you probably just have a little bit messed up system right now. That .zip will be good for your phone dancedroid