Dazed & Confused...

brian47374

Reaction score
Alright… so I decided to root my Droid X phone and I have purchased Liberty ROM. However, I cannot find clear instructions on what I need to do step by step. I’ve watched YouTube videos that are confusing as heck because not one of them has covered the entire process from beginning to end. They all say if you have this you need to do this and there’s a link and then there’s more links, etc.:huh: So, I humbly ask someone to provide specific detailed in sequence instructions on how to root and install a ROM on a Droid X.

My phone came with 2.3.3 system version 4.5.596 because it was a replacement I just got Friday. I have downloaded Z4 and bootstrap(clockwork). Not sure what is going on with Z4 because I don’t notice any difference in my phone. I go to launch bootstrap and it when I hit Bootstrap recovery it errors out “failure, error running exec(). Command:[su,-c./data/data/com.kouskikdutta.droidx.bootstrap/files/surunner.sh] Working Directory: null environment: null
So, what’s the deal?

From some of the directions I’ve read you need to connect your phone via USB and others you don’t. So again, this confuses things.

Thanks in advance

Brian

OP
B

brian47374

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response!

Okay, so, I went to download the file on method #1 step 3 and the page could not be found.

On the instructions for either method on step #3 LGB Bootstrap page could not be found. Can I use Droid X Bootstrapper because I’ve already paid for it?

Brian

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response!

Okay, so, I went to download the file on method #1 step 3 and the page could not be found.

On the instructions for either method on step #3 LGB Bootstrap page could not be found. Can I use Droid X Bootstrapper because I’ve already paid for it?

Brian

1. I clicked on the link and it brought up the official Moto page just like it's supposed to.
2. I clicked on the LGB Bootstrap link and it brought up the download link just like it's supposed to.

Not sure why they aren't working for you. Behind a firewall, maybe?

Don't use Droid X Bootstrap. It causes issues with the process.

OP
B

brian47374

Reaction score
Causes problems for this process? Is it okay to use after I get done? Liberty ROM "promotes" it I guess. It was in their documentation.

Got the files to download this time. That was odd...

Thanks again!

OP
B

brian47374

Reaction score
What is Liberty GB 0.x? Is that Liberty Toolbox? If not, what file or program is it and where can I find it?

Also, do you unzip the TBH files before putting them on your phone?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is Liberty GB 0.x? Is that Liberty Toolbox? If not, what file or program is it and where can I find it?

Also, do you unzip the TBH files before putting them on your phone?

Liberty GB is a custom ROM and v.09 is the latest. You can find it in the Liberty Toolbox Pro.

Do not unzip the files. Put them on your phone and install through D2 bootstrap.

CM74DX

OP
B

brian47374

Reaction score
Thanks for everything so far! However, I tried installing Motorola driver on both Windows 7 (64 bit) and XP (32 bit) and I couldn't see the driver. Any ideas on this issue?

OP
B

brian47374

Reaction score
One more thing.... :) About how long should this process take?
BTW... got the driver to load on XP!!!

Last edited:
OP
B

brian47374

Reaction score
Well, I got the Bootloader screen to come up and it says
-Battery ok
-Ok to program
-Transfer mode:
-USB

I finally got the driver installed on both XP 32 and Win 7 -64 but neither of them will go to the ...

Help please!

FernBch

Reaction score
There's an easier way to sbf. Search here or on google for "bootable linux cd sbf 2.3.340". Download this iso image, burn it to a cd, boot from the cd (does not install to your pc), put your dx into bootloader, connect usb, choose option 1 (use the number keys above the letters not the ones on the right), and it will sbf your dx to froyo. There are complete instructions on the page you download from.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!