Finally! Someone from the media is talking about......

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikecar

Reaction score
I make an urgent plea for those using 10, 20, 50, 100GB of data to keep doing it.

As long as I keep doing what I'm doing, you all will ensure I stay out of that random % if it ever gets to that.!!! :hail::biggrin::p

quizzard

Reaction score
I make an urgent plea for those using 10, 20, 50, 100GB of data to keep doing it.

As long as I keep doing what I'm doing, you all will ensure I stay out of that random % if it ever gets to that.!!! :hail::biggrin::p

No problem! 4 days into billing cycle, I'm at 8Gb, and the wife is nearly at 4Gb. We're using the bandwidth that you aren't. Did Speedtests on both phones, no signs of throttling on 3g/4g.

Anyone catch the latest episode of Top Gear and The Walking Dead?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I actually don't watch their station, nor do I watch the others consistently. I know the main players on their stations, but I get my news from the web at all of their websites among others.

I've consistently called out friends and coworkers though with your thought process. On several occasions, when a major breaking news has happened, several (let's say MSM for typing sake) don't bother posting or giving prominance on the website.

There are other hosts on MSM stations that are obvious shills.

But if you think your stations are more fair and balanced, you are mistaken.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

How does that even remotely call out my thought process lol. Do you know what a thought process is?

Stop extrapolating what I've said to other stations. A lot of folks have shown fox's methods of distract and dismiss. All media outlets do it to an extent. Fox is just louder and ruder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bhp117

Reaction score

+1
i've been averaging 80gigs a month since last june and i yet to have any throttled. my speed been very consistant from 12 mb - 25 mb and i still haven't got anything below 12 mb

i'm really sick of people saying how can you use 5 gigs a month and if you use 5 gigs a month you should get a life. that's all bull crap
if people really start to use their smart phones as a smart phone not a dumb phone then they'll know how easy it is to go over 1 gig a day.
you download new apps or update apps that'll easily use more than 1 mb each app.
you stream music and movies easily 20 mb - 1 gig
if you're rooted like me, downloading new roms is 120+ mb
even new OTA updates is 20 - 80 mb

i don't care what people say. so what i'm a data hog at least save hundreds a month
ever since i got 4g i cut most on my other expenses like dsl $25, direct tv $120, movie rentals $10 - $50, pay-per view $10 - $300
you can pratically watch anything online free if you know where to find it like i was watching the wwe elimination chamber last nite for FREE otherwise i'll have to pay $50 for it
i have a notebook and tablet i bring everywhere so when i'm at my gf house i'll streaming movies
if i'm at some friends house i'll stream live sports if it's not broadcasting on local/cable/sat like last night ppv we were having a bbq
when i go out with friends/family/gf and don't know what to eat i'll yelp it, don't know what to do i'll just search online, don't know what movie to watch just look for trailers

so people that don't use their phones like they should just stop the crying

diablo81588

Reaction score
+1
i've been averaging 80gigs a month since last june and i yet to have any throttled. my speed been very consistant from 12 mb - 25 mb and i still haven't got anything below 12 mb

i'm really sick of people saying how can you use 5 gigs a month and if you use 5 gigs a month you should get a life. that's all bull crap
if people really start to use their smart phones as a smart phone not a dumb phone then they'll know how easy it is to go over 1 gig a day.
you download new apps or update apps that'll easily use more than 1 mb each app.
you stream music and movies easily 20 mb - 1 gig
if you're rooted like me, downloading new roms is 120+ mb
even new OTA updates is 20 - 80 mb

i don't care what people say. so what i'm a data hog at least save hundreds a month
ever since i got 4g i cut most on my other expenses like dsl $25, direct tv $120, movie rentals $10 - $50, pay-per view $10 - $300
you can pratically watch anything online free if you know where to find it like i was watching the wwe elimination chamber last nite for FREE otherwise i'll have to pay $50 for it
i have a notebook and tablet i bring everywhere so when i'm at my gf house i'll streaming movies
if i'm at some friends house i'll stream live sports if it's not broadcasting on local/cable/sat like last night ppv we were having a bbq
when i go out with friends/family/gf and don't know what to eat i'll yelp it, don't know what to do i'll just search online, don't know what movie to watch just look for trailers

so people that don't use their phones like they should just stop the crying

People like you are the reason carriers have to throttle. Your smartphone is not meant to be a home network replacement. Thanks for abusing the service and ruining it for the rest of us that use it legitimately. If you're truly using 80 gigs a month you deserve to have your service cut off.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
People like you are the reason carriers have to throttle. Your smartphone is not meant to be a home network replacement. Thanks for abusing the service and ruining it for the rest of us that use it legitimately. If you're truly using 80 gigs a month you deserve to have your service cut off.

Not only that he deserves huge fines,if not jail time, for stealing as much as he has.

Oh it saved you money so you stole it.....that's a very childish frame of mind to have. In the adult world kid here's a motto I'm sure you can understand "you gotta pay, to play"

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Lol making fun of peoples social lives for using 5 gigs? Most people can use 5 gigs a month WITH ONLY pandora while driving to work lol.

Again, you have a car radio. You can store MP3's on your phone. There are cheap subscriptions to Sirius and FM. (and hi-def Pandora uses about 60meg an hour, so you'd need almost about a 45min. M daily commute, each way, to hit 2 gigs in 20-22 work days a month). Mobile data is not designed or priced to replace readily available cheaper alternatives.

Yeah, you can hit 5-10gigs a month watching a half hour of video on the stairmaster every day. These people are in the small minority of users, and pretty much every industry out there has some sort of price according to usage. The mobile operators ultimately pay a nominal subscriber fee to the cable companies for access to the pipes (AT&T and VZW have some of their own). You really are only paying for the wireless part with the nominal access fee embedded in your total cost. But of course if people start replacing their ISP, or using their phones like a mobile ISP, of course the cable companies are going to respond with higher per user rates. That ultimately affects what I pay, and so, yes, if that's how you use your phone you'll find no sympathy from me if you are restricted or charged more. No free riders.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
When I worked for VZW customer service we were told to market mobile hotspots and mifi devices as alternatives to home internet, even though one Netflix movie would put you over your allowance.

And mifi/mobile cards are like $50 for 5 gigs and $80 for 10 gigs. They are indeed alternatives for home broadband for people who only surf and read email. No different than tiered pricing in home broadband - if you want to watch a lot of video, you'll need the faster speed of a higher priced plan.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Go to the gym one day and work out for 2-2 1/2hours streaming spotify w/o wifi. Then multiply that by data usage by 20. I can guarantee you will be singing a different tune.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Then pay for more data. You are doing that because you can, not because you have to. I don't typically stream music on my device, I play songs from playlists on my SD so my data usage for that is 0. I mean, how in the world did you ever survive before mobile data? Did you just never go to the gym because you couldn't listen to music while working out?

There's nothing unfair, evil or wrong with VZW's usage and pricing. People just feel entitled to pay whatever they want for as much as they want. You'll be waiting a LONG time for VZW to be "fair" or make you "happy".

bhp117

Reaction score
Stop blaming the heavy users for not having unlimited data plans anymore.

Its just verizon and at&t don't want to improve and build more towers to accommodate all the internet traffic so they see it's easier to cut that and limit the usage plans and make more $$$

Also the unlimited data was only available for a short time to promote 4g lte as soon as the word is out that's when they cut the unlimited data and they just use us as an excuse.

you still don't see sprint cutting their unlimited data plan and its been around for much longer time just to try to get more customers and you don't see sprint users complaining.

Verizon and AT&T is the top 2 cell phones companies because they know how to sell products for more and they are great at marketing something that's an average product to turn it around to sound like the greatest thing.
Large corporation tell lies all the time and you actually believe it because of the heavy users cause them to cut the unlimited data plan is such a joke

diablo81588

Reaction score
you still don't see sprint cutting their unlimited data plan and its been around for much longer time just to try to get more customers and you don't see sprint

Sprints network sucks because of it. Verizon actually cares about user experience and doesn't want a few people bringing the network to a crawl. The only reason sprint still offers unlimited data is to attract new customers. The problem is you get what you pay for and people don't realize how bad it is until it's too late. There's not enough spectrum to support 80gigs a month from every user. No matter how you slice it, heavy users are the main reason carriers are forced to throttle.

bhp117

Reaction score
Not only that he deserves huge fines,if not jail time, for stealing as much as he has.

Oh it saved you money so you stole it.....that's a very childish frame of mind to have. In the adult world kid here's a motto I'm sure you can understand "you gotta pay, to play"

Haha that stealing and childish BS again lol

Its so mature and adult of you to get ripped off and not maximize what you have. I bet you don't know how to shop and pay full price for everything just because you're soooo mature and a responsible adult just not a smart 1 in my opinion.

Part of growing up is learning how to save $$$ and for you saying I'm stealing. How am I stealing if I pay for what I use.

bhp117

Reaction score
Sprints network sucks because of it. Verizon actually cares about user experience and doesn't want a few people bringing the network to a crawl. The only reason sprint still offers unlimited data is to attract new customers. The problem is you get what you pay for and people don't realize how bad it is until it's too late. There's not enough spectrum to support 80gigs a month from every user. No matter how you slice it, heavy users are the main reason carriers are forced to throttle.

Sprint sucks just because they don't have as big of a coverage as verizon and at&t. If you're in their hot area it's actually a good network like in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, New York

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Part of growing up is learning how to save $$$ and for you saying I'm stealing. How am I stealing if I pay for what I use.

And part of maturity is just enjoying it while it lasts and not crying with juvenile entitlement over every rumor predicting the end of the free ride.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Sprint sucks just because they don't have as big of a coverage as verizon and at&t. If you're in their hot area it's actually a good network like in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, New York

I live in Houston, the fourth largest city in the US. You would think that would be one of their "hot areas". Their 3g speed is at times slower than 1x on Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.