Finally made the plunge and rooted Droid

skipbl92

Reaction score
I have been wanting to throw my phone through the wall lately. So I broke down and wiped/formatted my phone and SD Card. Then I rooted it and decided on Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.9 ROM. I am happy to say the rooting was easy and I am impressed with LFY 1.9. I had originally installed 1.95, but the 2 known issues (*228 screen and answering calls screen) were enough for me to go back to 1.9.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Flashing to a new Rom can be almost like getting a new phone.. Try Sourcery Rom.. after seven different Roms i lasted on it the longest.. have fun.

joshoid

Reaction score
I would suggest Project Elite. Tons of options, smooth and good battery life!

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input. I had gotten the Droid back in February of 10'. I was worried before as I didn't want to brick my phone, but after months of research and my phone getting worse after the 2.2.1/FRG83D update - I was left without much of a choice. Thank you Google & Verizon :)

J

Johnly

I have been wanting to throw my phone through the wall lately. So I broke down and wiped/formatted my phone and SD Card. Then I rooted it and decided on Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.9 ROM. I am happy to say the rooting was easy and I am impressed with LFY 1.9. I had originally installed 1.95, but the 2 known issues (*228 screen and answering calls screen) were enough for me to go back to 1.9.
Dang bro...."bout time"

myriad46

Reaction score
I'd recommend Pete's Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 or he has recently been working on a stock Gingerbread Rom that's up to his 3rd revision. Runs great. You can find out all about it over in the Bugless Beast Forum.

Good Luck!

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
Liquid makes an excellent rom. Why didn't you go with LGB 1.31?

For my first root/rom I wanted a stable version and I wasn't aware of LGB 1.31 until after. Plus the other issue was that I was running 2.2.1/FRG83D and I knew LFY 1.9 & 1.95 would work. I first did 1.95, but ran into the 2 issues (*228 screen and getting a call screen), so I downgraded to 1.9.

I am pretty happy so far with 1.9.

Is LGB 1.31 stable? I read that I would first have to install 1.3 then 1.31. I have also read 1.2, then 1.3 w/o wipe, then 1.31 w/o wipe.

myriad46

Reaction score
I'd recommend Pete's Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 or he has recently been working on a stock Gingerbread Rom that's up to his 3rd revision. Runs great. You can find out all about it over in the Bugless Beast Forum.

Good Luck!

Is Bugless Beast a true GB or just a hybrid of Froyo?

Bugless Beast is a series of Roms that are most recently based on Froyo. They have a very stock feel, with lots of little add ons. The Gingerbread Roms that Pete has been working on are totally separate. They are based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) code for actual gingerbread (Android 2.3). His most recent revision GPA013 is derive from android 2.3.3 which is what just got pushed to the Nexus S.

bruther17

Reaction score
I'm currently running pete's GPA13 rom. It is significantly smoother and more efficient than any other rom I have tried. I am currently underclocking my device at 450MHZ, and it runs as fast or faster than UD ran clocked at 800MHZ. I can't say enough about this rom.

jchammer123

Reaction score
+1 on the Project Elite!
Also, you might want to check out Simply Stunning 5.01!!!
Rooting your phone becomes extremely addicting, lol!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
Well I decided to go to LGB 1.31. I may try the others out, but right now I am sticking with Liquid's ROM's.

I see that 1.4 is now out for download - I will hold off a little bit before implementing.

Last edited: