Finally held one...

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Went out tonight to a Verizon store in Reston, VA. They didn't have a demo unit on the floor, but I was able to get assurance that they would have plenty Friday.

Went over to the Best Buy in the next shopping center, and they had one in their display. I can see what the gripe is about with the keyboard...it will take some getting used to. It barely has a feeling when you are typing...but, again, I'll get used to it. It's not going to keep me from getting it, because I am too far sold on the phone in general :icon_ lala:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was kinda worried about the keyboard until I got my paws on one. I think it will be just fine, but I say that coming from a pearl...

ST6XLERS

Reaction score
I will be in Reston the rest of the week working. Looks like I will have to stop in at that Best Buy and check it out...2 more days I can't stand it!!!

My bad....Verizon store...lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Someone else commented that they were told that their Best Buy didn't actually expect the shipment to come in until Friday. He also said that they were scheduling appointments for Saturday.

He stated he's going to Verizon first and if he strikes out there, hopefully BB will have their act together Friday or Saturday.

AC

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah the real one is a good bit heavier than the dummy (of course), but the keyboard is the same as far as i could tell..

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Someone else commented that they were told that their Best Buy didn't actually expect the shipment to come in until Friday. He also said that they were scheduling appointments for Saturday.

He stated he's going to Verizon first and if he strikes out there, hopefully BB will have their act together Friday or Saturday.

AC

Hoping that's not a nationwide expectation! I was told that the local store already had them in stock. My friend said she would sell it to me in advance but their system would charge me full retail cost prior to the 6th...

texasPI

Reaction score
Yeah I was kinda worried about the keyboard until I got my paws on one. I think it will be just fine, but I say that coming from a pearl...

I find this reassuring since I'm coming from a Pearl as well...:biggrin:

kmc1828

Reaction score
I held a real one today. I went to the verizon store today to see if I could see a dummy, but the guy I asked was like "how about the real thing?" and handed me his own personal DROID. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. The keyboard will take some getting used to, but it's not as bad as people have been painting it out to be (imo at least). The phone was swift in everything it did...no joke...switching between the home screens, loading up apps, and loading up the browser (all I really got to do in the couple minutes I played around on it). I played around on the browser a bit and it was amazingly fast. I can't wait to get mine.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
I held a real one today. I went to the verizon store today to see if I could see a dummy, but the guy I asked was like "how about the real thing?" and handed me his own personal DROID. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. The keyboard will take some getting used to, but it's not as bad as people have been painting it out to be (imo at least). The phone was swift in everything it did...no joke...switching between the home screens, loading up apps, and loading up the browser (all I really got to do in the couple minutes I played around on it). I played around on the browser a bit and it was amazingly fast. I can't wait to get mine.

I might go by a Best Buy now...

DAMN YOU FORUM POSTERS AND YOUR DOINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!:p