Finally got to experience Android Auto.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've been using AA on my phone for a while but the other day I got a new 2019 Ram and it has AA integrated in it. I just set it up and I love it. Navigation and all on my 8.4" touch screen. That is sweet. BTW...Here's my new toy. 6574abc1efe543ea9826124851321ca9_1.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal, glad it's working good for you. Sweet looking new truck!

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thank you. The Uconnect works with Bluetooth. Hands free phone and texts. It seems that AA doesn't work through BT. It only works when I connect with a USB. I only need it when I use maps anyway.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think AA only works via USB connection, but could be wrong? Google is supposedly working on an Assistant - Driving Mode feature that will kind of combine AA and Assistant into one true hands free driving feature for Android. It was supposed to rollout this past Summer. Whoops Google!

I really like the U Connect system in our Cherokee, very nice.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the headunit itself also has to support Wireless AA. Not all do. I don't know if the OEM Chrysler radios do or not. But I do know that Kenwood that I got for Christmas (and is being installed as I type this :cool:) will work wirelessly with my Pixel 2.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Keep in mind, the headunit itself also has to support Wireless AA. Not all do. I don't know if the OEM Chrysler radios do or not. But I do know that Kenwood that I got for Christmas (and is being installed as I type this :cool:) will work wirelessly with my Pixel 2.
The article mentions that most OEM units don't support it but I'm not replacing this stereo just for that. I'll use a USB.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the new headunit installed on Friday and heck Android Auto is pretty cool! At first I couldn't get it recognize my Pixel 2 for wireless AA. Until I realized that I had to go into the AA app setting on my phone and enable "wireless projection" Now its all good!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know this is an older thread, but wanted to share that I also finally got to experience Android Auto today. Bought a new Jeep last week and the UConnect system it comes with has AA. I like it, pretty cool integration of phone & vehicle display. Now I'm really curious to see what Google has in store as the supposed replacement for Android Auto that they have been talking about for over a year now. Whatever it is (Assistant Auto maybe ???) I hope it provides a similar experience, and hope they don't just drop it altogether.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I know this is an older thread, but wanted to share that I also finally got to experience Android Auto today. Bought a new Jeep last week and the UConnect system it comes with has AA. I like it, pretty cool integration of phone & vehicle display. Now I'm really curious to see what Google has in store as the supposed replacement for Android Auto that they have been talking about for over a year now. Whatever it is (Assistant Auto maybe ???) I hope it provides a similar experience, and hope they don't just drop it altogether.

Congrats on Jeep and I’m also looking forward to trying it on my next vehicle

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks bk. I noticed that AA is a little glitchy if you don't have a good data signal. Going to work today was great. We have almost no signal where I work. Leaving work to drive home I could not get music to play, could not get a steady connection to the vehicle display and phone completely dropped all signal. Good to know for the future. Will use plain old Bluetooth connection and offline music for the drive home (or at least until into good signal area).

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks bk. I noticed that AA is a little glitchy if you don't have a good data signal. Going to work today was great. We have almost no signal where I work. Leaving work to drive home I could not get music to play, could not get a steady connection to the vehicle display and phone completely dropped all signal. Good to know for the future. Will use plain old Bluetooth connection and offline music for the drive home (or at least until into good signal area).

Ah interesting …gotta work with ya you got for sure