Auto Create QR codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean.collins

Reaction score
I Love Love Love that you can 'auto create' a QR code for a contact on the Droid handset. Basically if i meet someone at a conference and i talk to them about a friend who i think they should meet i can just 'auto create' a QR code for that contact on the fly for the other person to upload to their phone.

Of course you can also auto create 'your own details' on a QR code to pass along to someone but I've been doing this with a static JPG forever, being able to create a code for every contact is the new unique.

BTW - if you're asking whats a QR code? dont worry I have a QR dummies guide at QR Codes explained - www.Cognation.net/QR

More Droid commens here - Dean Collins: Bought a Droid

M

miccaefg

Yes, I can not agree more about "auto create "QR code for every contact, that's awesome.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
QR codes are great.
I've designed a few custom QR codes for folks, and not the boring auto-generated ones.
Being a graphic artist, I've taken them into photoshop and branded them for some clients. I've added colors, integrated company logos, gradients, depth, rounded corners, shadows, backgrounds, etc.
The end result is a pretty slick looking QR code.

Google image search "custom QR code" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Why any business with any advertising budget whatsoever would go with a boring, standard, black and white QR code is beyond me. The custom designed ones are eye catchers. The black and white ones are not.

If anyone wants one, hit me up...I work cheap. :biggrin: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.