Final Fantasy VI Finally Coming to Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
square-enix-ff6-android.png

Fans of the classic Square Enix Final Fantasy series might be tickled pink to hear that Final Fantasy VI will be hitting the Google Play Store for Android devices today. The game is the next in the series to be ported faithfully to Android. It even will be sporting some slightly enhanced graphics. Specific areas were not mentioned in the release, but we know the game will come for the following languages: English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.

The Tweet came down late yesterday from Square Enix Europe confirming the launch. Sound off in this thread to let us know if it shows up in your area of the world on the Play Store.

Source: Twitter - Square Enix Europe

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Square Enix charges an exorbitant amount of money for games they've already made. I find it hard to believe the production cost of porting an old game to a new platform is so high that they have to gouge their consumer base to make up for it.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-This is my favorite Final Fantasy game ever.

-However, I will not be picking it up because of their ridiculous DRM.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Square Enix charges an exorbitant amount of money for games they've already made. I find it hard to believe the production cost of porting an old game to a new platform is so high that they have to gouge their consumer base to make up for it.

They don't "have to". Free Enterprise, charge what the market will bear. If I wrote a game 15 years ago and I could still charge top price for it, you bet your butt I would do it. : ) And I wouldn't lose a moment's sleep over it either. Look at what they charge for UNIX.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

The game is worth it though.

but, if you've got a HUGE problem, go buy an snes and this game... I promise you'll pay more than $10. You could use an emulator and rom... but that's not legal.

10.99 for a really really good game.

Yup I'll buy it.

after I beat 5

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
10.99 for a really really good game.

Guess that's a matter of opinion. The only franchises that Square ever did that I liked were Xenogears and Einhander, and they kill them both off very quickly. Not giving them a cent for beating the FF IP into the ground, especially considering so many people do nothing but complain about the newer ones.